Match Thread: Championship Round 8, Halifax v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-30th-May-2021

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Think most of that is fair. The Woodburn-Hall try I think you have described accurately what happened ie grounded short and rolled the ball forward, have tried to find anything on the laws section of the RFL site that states whether this is a knock on or not but no joy yet.

Did exactly the same but like you say can't seem to find anything although i have it in my head that there was a slight interpretation change a couple of seasons back meaning this would be now classed as a knock on because of lack of control where as before that would be a try because of no loss of contact with the ball on the ground.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only other thing I would say is I were maybe a little harsh on our bombed chance. Ive now seen the replay and Robinson pulls his hammy in that run which maybe forced him to pass earlier than he would have liked or if he passed at all but I would expect a experienced player like that to be converting those chances. Its great work by Chisholm though and he got rewarded for that when Moore picked an awful pass to Hall.

Well there's two ways of looking at yesterday's game. From a Fax point of view you could say we were on't wrong side of Mr Grant, again. Likewise you could say we came up short, just, against a very well organised Fev team. As has been said the Fax no try, followed immediately by a Fev score, was a turning point but also throwing the ball straight to your opponent dosen't help either. There wasn't a lot in it and I thought Fev's defence swung it for Rovers. But the result aside it was great to be back at The Shay, hopefully next time we can be joined by away fans and have our usual pre/post match wander with our mates from Fev. 🍺 🐷🐷🐷 Ossett White Rat 4.0% Mmm!

On 30/05/2021 at 18:44, marklaspalmas said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the tackling counts for our boys today.

I see Moors getting top ratings on the MOM thread (which I have to boycott 😉 ) but Field, Lockwood and Koppy put in some right shifts.

I see the official Fev social media have revealed that the top two tacklers were Lockwood and Parata with 36.

Does show how much work the starting hooker has to do, the guy who comes on 10 minutes into the second half whether it's Jones or Parata is always going to look much better in attack coming on when opponents are tired and when he is fresh himself.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I see the official Fev social media have revealed that the top two tacklers were Lockwood and Parata with 36.

Does show how much work the starting hooker has to do, the guy who comes on 10 minutes into the second half whether it's Jones or Parata is always going to look much better in attack coming on when opponents are tired and when he is fresh himself.

And the fact that we have 2 interchangeable top class (at this level) hookers is a great advantage over most other teams

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Which just goes to show how important Jones was earlier in the season in putting in such a shift which allowed a fresh Parata to have such an impact.

Calls for Parata to do the big minutes failed to take this into account.

As LTSS says, we've got two good hookers at this level.

43 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Which just goes to show how important Jones was earlier in the season in putting in such a shift which allowed a fresh Parata to have such an impact.

Calls for Parata to do the big minutes failed to take this into account.

As LTSS says, we've got two good hookers at this level.

TRUE but lets not forget  we'ave still got nu in reserve 

44 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Brown's one of our first choice half backs for mine. I'm more comfortable with him not defending in the middle of the park, even though he's a solid enough tackler

BUT my point is if one of our 2 interchangeable top class (at this level) hookers is out he can slot in without us having to manufacture a replacement

38 minutes ago, POR said:

BUT my point is if one of our 2 interchangeable top class (at this level) hookers is out he can slot in without us having to manufacture a replacement

Well, yeah, obviously we have decent strength in depth across the squad which is currently being put to the test by this injury crisis.

Players with utility value like Brown, but also Chizz and Hall, etc. are always useful.

Archived