Super League Show reduced to 28 minutes

3 hours ago, thunder pete said:

Does anyone know why the BBC has reduced the length of the programme to this derisory length?

I've complained on the BBC site

Because if they made it a decent length and put it on at a sensible time then people would know it existed and the beeb wouldn't be doing its job properly then, would it?

Oh, go on then give us a laugh, tell us what Aunty said.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

44 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

You're lucky to be able to watch it at all. It's hidden away somewhere in the schedule here in the midlands so no one can watch it. 

Try Tuesday lunchtime, that’s when the BBC begrudgingly put it on in the East region. 

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Because if they made it a decent length and put it on at a sensible time then people would know it existed and the beeb wouldn't be doing its job properly then, would it?

Oh, go on then give us a laugh, tell us what Aunty said.

They said they should be ready to read my complaint by tomorrow morning......................

3 hours ago, thunder pete said:

Does anyone know why the BBC has reduced the length of the programme to this derisory length?

Is this a one off?  If not then a disgrace.  But the programme has gone tacky as well.  They seem not to do a studio presentation, and I think only 1 guest.

They would do the prog on string and sealing wax, except they do not have the string.

It’s a tired format with poor “guests” and pundits with all talking unnecessarily for too long about things that aren’t really interesting or engaging, cutting it down should be a catalyst to change things up but it inevitably won’t be because it’s Rugby League and it’s easier to moan then innovate and change. 

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You can record it then, if you’re concerned about it being on during the “normal” working hours. 

I’m not concerned, I don’t watch it. I don’t watch Match of the Day either but I do think it should be on a Saturday evening and more than 28 minutes long though. 

Tuesday seems the right day for it to go out live... the audience size would decide the sort of time, i.e. prime time or not, etc...

I wouldn't watch it live as normally I'd be doing something else.... Otherwise when or if I want to watch I go on i-player... Surely anyone with an interest would use i-player assuming the style and content of the show was interesting enough.

Whether making it sorter or longer shouldn't dictate the quality... it could be shortening something can make it better.

I guess with the BBC they tend to work around approx 30min or 1hour shows. Not sure if I was head of BBC I would go for an hour highlights show for SL.

12 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Tuesday seems the right day for it to go out live... the audience size would decide the sort of time, i.e. prime time or not, etc...

I wouldn't watch it live as normally I'd be doing something else.... Otherwise when or if I want to watch I go on i-player... Surely anyone with an interest would use i-player assuming the style and content of the show was interesting enough.

Whether making it sorter or longer shouldn't dictate the quality... it could be shortening something can make it better.

I guess with the BBC they tend to work around approx 30min or 1hour shows. Not sure if I was head of BBC I would go for an hour highlights show for SL.

Exactly this. Its exactly what I was alluding to when I said “does it actually need to be any longer?”. Fewer minutes doesn’t have to equate to lesser quality, it could and should be be the catalyst for change. A change of format and a rebrand of the show itself should happen now, instead, the six games will get four minutes, if they’re lucky, and nothing will change and people will moan it’s not on at a good time when they don’t even watch it themselves. 

7 hours ago, thunder pete said:

It fits whatever slot length the national programme it replaces is (in this instance a programme called "Eating with my ex". Earlier time worth the slimmer show but we'll see how long it lasts. It's on 10.55pm next week. 

the bbc are too busy showing chefs rescuing chairs from the tip and putting a stencil on it then selling it at an auction to a person who has just bought an old house to do up for profit  in walsall 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 26/05/2021 at 16:50, Hela Wigmen said:

Supply and demand. 

Yeah I think this is it really - I'd personally like it to be longer, show more of the highlights etc. Have to admit I don't really watch it as you don't (IMO) get much extra than the few mins highlights available on YouTube anyway. That for me might be a difference maker.

I'm not surprised it gets messed around in the scheduling these days, the BBC will probably just argue that you can watch it whenever you want on iplayer so it doesn't really matter when they put it on. 

I haven't even watched it in ages, not at all so far this season and barely at all last season either, I tend to just watch all the highlights on YouTube instead, cuts out all the talking you get on the BBC show and you can pick and choose games if there's some you're not interested in. 

On 26/05/2021 at 16:43, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s a tired format with poor “guests” and pundits with all talking unnecessarily for too long about things that aren’t really interesting or engaging, cutting it down should be a catalyst to change things up but it inevitably won’t be because it’s Rugby League and it’s easier to moan then innovate and change. 

The RL do not produce this.  So where do you get this catalyst of change from?  The BBC do these things off their own bat.

Archived