Sunday at Coventry

The Baron Mk11

Yes we are going to Coventry as away fans are allowed but we have to get tickets in advance I think according to Hornets web site.

Dont know which block our fans are sitting in but it would be good to all be together whilst keeping to the social distancing rules.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Unfortunately, I had a gut feeling that this fixture was a potential banana skin. Coventry had shown their potential before today and we had been leaking too many points - another 7 tries today - despite victories!  Sadly, injuries seem to be growing too, looking at today’s team sheet - more today?  No doubt, we must have missed Penky’s craftsmanship and perhaps a few extra seasoned heads may be needed for this very competitive league.  
Hunslet will be smarting at their 0/40 loss at Keighley!

Not wishing any disrespect to Cov but that must be up there with our most embarrassing defeats.

injuries are clearly biting, let hope none are long term, nonetheless we should have more than enough in that squad to see off an improving Coventry but silly mistakes on key plays (weekly occurrence now) and poor defending are costing us.

the two defeats already mean the run of home fixtures we are due will be crucial, still got what looks like our toughest away day to come at Barrow and before that Hunslet.

come on lads....we can still do this

Every season there is one game where no one turns up , let’s hope that’s the one . Getting beat by a better team I can cope with but being out enthused is unforgivable Matt says there will be changes at Huntley who held Keighley to 0-0 at half time before Keighley blew them away. So no picnic next week. Our strongest 17 could beat anyone in this division but how often is that available . The squad is not as strong as I thought.

1 hour ago, Excolt 1 said:

out enthused is unforgivable

https://twitter.com/i/status/1399312256098344961

Clearly, Matt is not happy man. And sadly, another bad injury- this time to Fairclough.

At least it's early days, but immediate replacement options seem currently to be limited, unless the other injured are match fit or Matt has to resort to loanees.  Not an easy period of away games, but we need to grab a win or two to keep in touch.

I was not at the game but loosing to Coventry is not something we expected to happen, the handling errors are definitely something we need to fix. Almost loosing to Keighley two weeks ago and loosing to the bears last week has one thing in common, an almost capitulation in the second half. We need to close out games and i don't think that is something we are able to do right now.

Sunday will prove a test, Hunslet are coming off a loss and we need to capitalize, win and we are a top three contender, lose and we are aiming for 4th and nothing higher.  

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

I was not at the game but loosing to Coventry is not something we expected to happen, the handling errors are definitely something we need to fix. Almost loosing to Keighley two weeks ago and loosing to the bears last week has one thing in common, an almost capitulation in the second half. We need to close out games and i don't think that is something we are able to do right now.

Sunday will prove a test, Hunslet are coming off a loss and we need to capitalize, win and we are a top three contender, lose and we are aiming for 4th and nothing higher.  

I don't know why I quoted myself lol

Archived