Crisps. Flavours, Memories and the best.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone remember Tudor Crisps.  They had Chocolate, Brown sauce, Fried tomato, Hot dog, Curry and Roast Lamb and mint sauce flavours amongst a host of others - I don't suppose they are still going in this halloumi and calamari flavoured world.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

10 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

Can anyone remember Tudor Crisps.  They had Chocolate, Brown sauce, Fried tomato, Hot dog, Curry and Roast Lamb and mint sauce flavours amongst a host of others - I don't suppose they are still going in this halloumi and calamari flavoured world.

Canny bag of Tudor 

8 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

I can remember Tudor, but not specifically flavours. 

I love Asda Halloumi and Sweet Chilli jam tortilla rolls crisps - but are they crisps, probably not

7 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

I can remember Tudor, but not specifically flavours. 

Tudor crisps

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

4 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Been going on to people about just be 30 years ago the flavours Seabrook's had. I remember Sweetcorn, Mexican Chilli, Tomato Ketchup amongst others. All obsolete I believe but were ace. 

Plus Bitza Pizza anyone remember them?

Their Wuster Sauce were my absolute favourite, they did a mean pickled onion flavour too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

Seabrook Worcester sauce......the best there crisps are my favourite.

You can get Henderson's Relish crisps these days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tudor were bought by Smiths, who were in turn bought by Nabisco (Walker's/Lay's). And so the traditional market contracted, bit by bit.

By that time, other companies were coming out, like Kettle Chips, and the supermarket own brand crisps were becoming proper contenders. Talking of which, Co-op katsu curry crisps are pretty nice.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

A Geordie lad, who moved to West Cumbria when we were about 12 or 13 was always known as canny bag because of that advert. Haven't seen him in years but I'm sure that would come up if he ever bumped into anyone we were at school with

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

A Geordie lad, who moved to West Cumbria when we were about 12 or 13 was always known as canny bag because of that advert. Haven't seen him in years but I'm sure that would come up if he ever bumped into anyone we were at school with

Same with a Geordie girl that joined our school. She left quite soon, and ended up at the local public school instead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tudor were bought by Smiths, who were in turn bought by Nabisco (Walker's/Lay's). And so the traditional market contracted, bit by bit.

By that time, other companies were coming out, like Kettle Chips, and the supermarket own brand crisps were becoming proper contenders. Talking of which, Co-op katsu curry crisps are pretty nice.

Smiths salt n vinegar squares 

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Same with a Geordie girl that joined our school. She left quite soon, and ended up at the local public school instead.

He was around for a while, at least until we were around 19/20. He was a really good lad and very well liked, and no, it had nothing to do with doth his sisters being absolutely gorgeous.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

I can remember when crisps only came in potato flavour with a little blue twisted bag of salt in the packet  for 4d. Then a couple of companies came in with a game changer in cheese and onion flavour. That opened the door.   But, the big innovation was Golden Wonder who gave as crisps with salt already on them ( WTF!) at only 3d a packet!!!!!!.

The next innovation was hand stirred Kettle crisps who once again upped the anti. To my mind they are the dogs bollo.... xed 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived