Crisps. Flavours, Memories and the best.

Monday evenings, when I was young, meant a trip to the local swimming pool. Afterwards, being a creature of habit as most small children are, there was always a packet of smoky bacon crisps and a bag of iced gems.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Monday evenings, when I was young, meant a trip to the local swimming pool. Afterwards, being a creature of habit as most small children are, there was always a packet of smoky bacon crisps and a bag of iced gems.

Holy ###### that fired off an old memory, heading to Fairfax baths and ending up after with bags of Frazzles or a Double Dip lol

2 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Holy ###### that fired off an old memory, heading to Fairfax baths and ending up after with bags of Frazzles or a Double Dip lol

Oooh frazzles ....

Seabrooks for a while have been producing Lea & Perrins flavour "limited edition" bags which I have only found in our local Morrison's. Suffice to say I get at least two six packs every time I go there (which isn't that frequent).

My memory tells me they don't taste quite like the original Worcester sauce version, my favourite crisp of all time, but they are bloody close.

old school monster munch pickled onion...but not the wussy version they sell these days, old uns had loads o chemicals in em and took all the skin off the inside of ur mouth, now thats a proper snack!

Lidl (or Aldi) sea salt and cracked black pepper

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On 30/05/2021 at 18:58, M j M said:

Seabrooks for a while have been producing Lea & Perrins flavour "limited edition" bags which I have only found in our local Morrison's. Suffice to say I get at least two six packs every time I go there (which isn't that frequent).

My memory tells me they don't taste quite like the original Worcester sauce version, my favourite crisp of all time, but they are bloody close.

They used to keep a bottle of L&P 's behind the bar at my local , few shakes in a bag of ready salted Seabrooks were the DB's .

A few years ago, a mate and I were motorbike camping near Bethlehem. Late arrival as usual, so off to the local pub. Given it was past 10 pm, no food, so we bought a bag of crisps each and the landlord popped a pickled egg in each bag. 🤮🤮🤮

7 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Original 1990s Flaming Hot Monster Munch were a go to for me at that time.

Other personal favourites:

Nice n Spicy Nik Naks

Space Raiders

Ringos

Are we branching out from crisps to corn snacks now?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2021 at 21:36, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

First thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread, I believe they were always the best sellers in West Cumbria

Still are , last thing people  who have left the area do when visiting relatives , is make a quick trip to the Cash and Carry and buy a box load to take home ........any Pub in West Cumbria  which doesn`t sell CheeseXL is very much frowned on .

Archived