A complete disgrace for our sport

If you go to The Rugby League's own website and then go to the report of today's West Wales v Skolars match you will find the usual ridiculous display for the team line-ups. They try to put photos with the names but only 1 of the 34 players gets a photo. It's West Wales player Mike Connor except that the photo is an ancient one of Jake Connor in his Huddersfield days.

The list of scorers for Skolars (who scored 52 points) has just 4 tries and 4 goals and they are attributed to .... Sam Tomkins!!!! Now Sam had a magnificent game today but it was for the Catalans in Perpignan, not for the Skolars in Wales.

Time and again I have complained about the RFL website but to no avail and both spoken to and written to Ralph Rimmer about it. I do know that the posting of the match reports is contracted out, but it's contracted out to people who know absolutely nothing about Rugby League.

Whereas the RFL's own website ought to be a reliable source of information instead it makes a laughing stock of the sport that I love so much.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The clubs are responsible for feeding this information so that’s where to direct your anger

So who should enforce the clubs doing so? That's where I'm directing my anger.

And it is right to be angry. The RFL website is a dog's dinner, our statistics/history work seems to fall always on goodwill and volunteers. Most of our information on wikipedia is incomplete.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

45 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

This outrage really should end in the public execution of the person responsible. 

First offence so it'll just be crucifixion.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

The clubs are responsible for feeding this information so that’s where to direct your anger

Oh no. That can't be. London Skolars and West Wales won't have submitted that Sam Tomkins scored 4 tries and goals for London Skolars!!!

3 hours ago, fevnut said:

The list of scorers for Skolars (who scored 52 points) has just 4 tries and 4 goals

9 point tries and 4 point goals perhaps.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

The only thing that is more ridiculous than the contents of the website, is the insinuation that Skolars and or West Wales would submit to the RFL that Sam Tompkins scored four trys and four goals.

The two most conspicuous embodiments of RFL wretched ineptitude are the website and the rollball. The two are in perfectly grotesque harmony.

Every time I go on the website, I`m reminded of players rolling the ball through their legs; every time I see a player roll the ball through their legs, I`m reminded of the website.

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

The only thing that is more ridiculous than the contents of the website, is the insinuation that Skolars and or West Wales would submit to the RFL that Sam Tompkins scored four trys and four goals.

https://passport.sportstg.com/

This is the website/portal/system that drives the data on the RFL website. There’s obviously some crossed wires somewhere. I assume the two clubs have pointed this out. 

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

https://passport.sportstg.com/

This is the website/portal/system that drives the data on the RFL website. There’s obviously some crossed wires somewhere. I assume the two clubs have pointed this out. 

The fact the RFL are using SportsTG for the coordination of scores etc speaks volumes.

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

If we were able to harness the energy used in trying to find things to complain about in the RFL, we could reduce the country's carbon emissions by  34.889 %

Yes. I hate anonymous people using the internet to moan about people they don't know.

36 minutes ago, JohnM said:

If we were able to harness the energy used in trying to find things to complain about in the RFL, we could reduce the country's carbon emissions by  34.889 %

I second that. Blessed are those that expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

The RFL are ship, which is why I get infrequently annoyed about their ship performances.

At the community clubs sports tg is updated by a club official. If not done within a time schedule offending club could face penalties. 

More work that has been placed on the unpaid volunteer. 

No wonder clubs are loosing volunteers who are sick of the RFL putting more work on them, yet they can't get their own act together.

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

The fact the RFL are using SportsTG for the coordination of scores etc speaks volumes.

In fairness SportsTG (which has also been Fox Sports Pulse and Sporting Pulse) was considered more than adequate for the NRL from 2002 to 2019 and the NZRL from 2006 to 2020.

It is also still used by FIBA and most major basketball competitions around the globe and by the AFL.

For competition management software, it does the job.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

22 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

I second that. Blessed are those that expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

The RFL are ship, which is why I get infrequently annoyed about their ship performances.

Irony, irony, they've all got the irony. 😃

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

So who should enforce the clubs doing so? That's where I'm directing my anger.

And it is right to be angry. The RFL website is a dog's dinner, our statistics/history work seems to fall always on goodwill and volunteers. Most of our information on wikipedia is incomplete.

And some absolute weapon has ruined every entry with their "played right centre (i.e. number 3) that day".

People called Romans they go the house

Archived