A complete disgrace for our sport

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/05/2021 at 19:31, fevnut said:

If you go to The Rugby League's own website and then go to the report of today's West Wales v Skolars match you will find the usual ridiculous display for the team line-ups. They try to put photos with the names but only 1 of the 34 players gets a photo. It's West Wales player Mike Connor except that the photo is an ancient one of Jake Connor in his Huddersfield days.

The list of scorers for Skolars (who scored 52 points) has just 4 tries and 4 goals and they are attributed to .... Sam Tomkins!!!! Now Sam had a magnificent game today but it was for the Catalans in Perpignan, not for the Skolars in Wales.

Time and again I have complained about the RFL website but to no avail and both spoken to and written to Ralph Rimmer about it. I do know that the posting of the match reports is contracted out, but it's contracted out to people who know absolutely nothing about Rugby League.

Whereas the RFL's own website ought to be a reliable source of information instead it makes a laughing stock of the sport that I love so much.

Latest twist in this sorry but by no means untypical saga. Someone has realised that Sam Tomkins did not score 4 tries and goals for London Skolars. They now say it was Liam Harris .... who was playing for his own club (Halifax) this weekend. And it also leaves 28 Skolars points unaccounted for. A real shame because Omari Caro equalled the Skolars Tries in a Match record by scoring 5.

13 minutes ago, fevnut said:

Latest twist in this sorry but by no means untypical saga. Someone has realised that Sam Tomkins did not score 4 tries and goals for London Skolars. They now say it was Liam Harris .... who was playing for his own club (Halifax) this weekend. And it also leaves 28 Skolars points unaccounted for. A real shame because Omari Caro equalled the Skolars Tries in a Match record by scoring 5.

The scorers on the RFL website is worse than a joke - complete shambles. It would be better just to have the actual score rather than the ludicrous information that makes absolutely no sense in relation to the score line.

0EC71662-54D5-46F3-ACAC-FED703D14E90.jpeg

On 30/05/2021 at 04:31, fevnut said:

If you go to The Rugby League's own website and then go to the report of today's West Wales v Skolars match you will find the usual ridiculous display for the team line-ups. They try to put photos with the names but only 1 of the 34 players gets a photo. It's West Wales player Mike Connor except that the photo is an ancient one of Jake Connor in his Huddersfield days.

The list of scorers for Skolars (who scored 52 points) has just 4 tries and 4 goals and they are attributed to .... Sam Tomkins!!!! Now Sam had a magnificent game today but it was for the Catalans in Perpignan, not for the Skolars in Wales.

Time and again I have complained about the RFL website but to no avail and both spoken to and written to Ralph Rimmer about it. I do know that the posting of the match reports is contracted out, but it's contracted out to people who know absolutely nothing about Rugby League.

Whereas the RFL's own website ought to be a reliable source of information instead it makes a laughing stock of the sport that I love so much.

Communication has never been the games strong point unfortunately, and i don't know why. It's certainly a blight on the game. Proper communication can increase interest in the game something the RFL appear deaf too.

24 minutes ago, fevnut said:

A real shame because Omari Caro equalled the Skolars Tries in a Match record by scoring 5.

I think the Skolars scorers were:

FT Raiders 10 Skolars 52. Tries: 5 Caro, 1 Tyas, 1 Thomas, 1 Gale, 1 Coleman. Conversions 5 Thorman, 3 Caro.

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

Just a related point, you go to the world governing body; International Rugby League website and go to member nations tab / page...........NO RESULTS FOUND. legendary incompetence. 

Just fab in the year of a world cup 👍 top notch stuff. 

7 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Just a related point, you go to the world governing body; International Rugby League website and go to member nations tab / page...........NO RESULTS FOUND. legendary incompetence. 

Yes, seems odd, I agree.  Maybe they could have just used the stuff from page 9 of the Annual Report .https://www.intrl.sport/annual-report/

You can of course put your points in writing to INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE, 10 Queen Street Place, London, EC4R 1AG or in electrons at https://www.facebook.com/IntlRL or https://twitter.com/IntRL

On 29/05/2021 at 19:49, Manfred Mann said:

How does Rimmer justify his salary, or even his position, in the light of this gross incompetence?

He can't. 

Details such as correct league tables, correct line ups, correct scores and related stats may come across as a bit train-spotterish. Hence the mocking comments on page one.

But they are important. All top sports take their stats incredibly seriously, for example soccer, cricket and all US major sports.

They are very useful for media and marketing. People love keeping up to date online. Stats link in with the history and heritage of the sport which are also important.

Traditionally rugby league has done all these things badly. They have been saved by enthusiastic amateurs. In the modern tech age, that's really not good enough.

It really doesn't take much time  effort or money to get this right.

Getting it wrong makes the sport look lazy and unprofessional. 

Not good enough.

28 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How influential is this forum? Perhaps fevnut might also address his complaint to those who can do something about it. 

I know the RKC has done plenty in this respect, lobbying erroneous websites and the RFL recently, especially with regard to league tables.

It really isn't that difficult to get right, but the 'no-one in charge seems to care' appearance is there for all to see, and enthusiasts are limited in the scope of their influence.

On 29/05/2021 at 22:03, fevnut said:

Oh no. That can't be. London Skolars and West Wales won't have submitted that Sam Tomkins scored 4 tries and goals for London Skolars!!!

Tomkins on Duel Reg.

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

How influential is this forum? Perhaps fevnut might also address his complaint to those who can do something about it. 

As I said at the beginning, I have raised it in the past with Ralph Rimmer, both in person and by email.

On 30/05/2021 at 08:10, Sports Prophet said:

I second that. Blessed are those that expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

The RFL are ship, which is why I get infrequently annoyed about their ship performances.

to be fair.. at least they know that Tomkins doesnt have a P in his name!😜

On 30/05/2021 at 08:50, daz39 said:

Or even the world renowned Sam TOMKINS, that would be even more ridiculous.

dammit... must read full thread before adding sarcastic comment!

Archived