Steve Nash

41 minutes ago, rlno1 said:

GB lost their way after Nash was sent off as he had been their best.

And that was why.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 01/06/2021 at 11:40, Exiled Wiganer said:

Ken Gill was a public an in our village. He used to train with our group, and we had a glorious picture of him scoring a try for GB in Australia, which I assume was during the mid 70s series MM refers to.

Was the glorious picture of the try shown here at 50 minutes on the video? Looks like a sumptuous reverse pass by nash which the cameraman didn't quite catch.

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Was the glorious picture of the try shown here at 50 minutes on the video? Looks like a sumpruous reverse pass by nash which the cameraman didn't quite catch.

Thanks a million for posting that. The photo was of him putting the ball down and about to raise his arms, from the front. That so takes me back. Great hands. A little later, Harry Pinner trained with us. When massive forwards had the softest hands. 

On 02/06/2021 at 09:55, The Phantom Horseman said:

Walker was a cracking half back, just unlucky to be around at the same time as Millward, Nash etc. The Peter Elliott to their Ovett and Coe.

More like yorks/lancs players favoured over Cumbrians , in the  70`s the Gorleys , Eddie Bowman and most of all Paul Charlton didn`t get the number of Caps they deserved .Paul Charlton wasn`t truely recognised until he went to Salford .

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

More like yorks/lancs players favoured over Cumbrians , in the  70`s the Gorleys , Eddie Bowman and most of all Paul Charlton didn`t get the number of Caps they deserved .Paul Charlton wasn`t truely recognised until he went to Salford .

You are almost certainly right with the general point but I saw Boxer Walker play many times and in my opinion he wasn't in the same class as Millward and Nash, that's not to denigrate him as he was a great player and good enough to play International rugby but just unlucky that GB had two half backs with sensational ability at the time.

I started watching Salford at the best  time, players like Steve Nash, Kenny Gill David Watkins, Paul Charlton, Chris Hesketh, Colin Dixon and Keith Fielding.

Nash was a tricky little player, loved watching him.

On 01/06/2021 at 16:53, ivans82 said:

Probably a bit biased but would personally loved to see a half back pairing of Boxer Walker and Roger Millward for GB .

Never really realised how good Boxer was until I saw him regularly when he came to Whitehaven,he was outstanding every week in a team that struggled after promotion to the top division,didn’t he make the World Xll at that time ?

Archived