Sheffield - Game 9

jroyales

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope we take a leaf out of Barrow's playbook in terms of getting people,especially kids, into the ground. Can't just keep hoping the same 500 turn up every week no matter what and then relying on a big away following or a potential huge game later in the season to improve the crowds.

Should be free for under 16s or a very small entry free. Quid for a kid. Dad and Lad discounts. Mum and son offers. Can't just keep treading water or we'll just slowly drown whether we stay in the Championship or not.

19 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Really hope we take a leaf out of Barrow's playbook in terms of getting people,especially kids, into the ground. Can't just keep hoping the same 500 turn up every week no matter what and then relying on a big away following or a potential huge game later in the season to improve the crowds.

Should be free for under 16s or a very small entry free. Quid for a kid. Dad and Lad discounts. Mum and son offers. Can't just keep treading water or we'll just slowly drown whether we stay in the Championship or not.

100% agree with you on that. Youth is the future regardless of what sport you follow. This sentiment is obviously missing at our club. I say this with no disrespect intended whatsoever but I'm 45 and sometimes I feel almost embryonic when I attend games. I feel that under 16s should be free admission. 

19 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Totally agree always said when we went to the whitebank onwards I noticed a generation gap and average age of our fans must be well over 45 without a doubt. The roarys pride was a good initiative to introduce but don't know whats happening with that since covid. People finding it easy with streaming now and not going to games is becoming the norm unfortunately.  Attendances will be dictated by onfield performance too, let's hope a win is just around the corner again

1 hour ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Totally agree always said when we went to the whitebank onwards I noticed a generation gap and average age of our fans must be well over 45 without a doubt. The roarys pride was a good initiative to introduce but don't know whats happening with that since covid. People finding it easy with streaming now and not going to games is becoming the norm unfortunately.  Attendances will be dictated by onfield performance too, let's hope a win is just around the corner again

I'm sure we're not on our own. Whenever I've gone to away games there's never been that many youngsters watching. There are probably loads of kids that support Wigan, Leeds, Warrington etc without ever actually watched them live at a game. It's easy to say you support a club and just wear the shirt. 

7 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

There are probably loads of kids that support Wigan, Leeds, Warrington etc without ever actually watched them live at a game. It's easy to say you support a club and just wear the shirt. 

Sadly its not just RL. My son in law is in his words a "mad keen Man Utd fan". He has ever watched  them play live once. I offered him the chance a good number of times with free corporate entertainment tickets (through my business contacts) but he was happy to watch on TV rather than go to the ground.

On 04/06/2021 at 18:28, m brooksy said:

I have always said watching a team is a habit. When my eldest grandson was born, as soon as he could walk I took him to watch the at Boundary Park when we played there. He then went with me home and away whether he wanted to or not. Now at almost 18 it is he who wants to go, follows the club on here, and twitter. His two younger brothers are more into football, but I still drag them along and they enjoy it when there.

7 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Sadly its not just RL. My son in law is in his words a "mad keen Man Utd fan". He has ever watched  them play live once. I offered him the chance a good number of times with free corporate entertainment tickets (through my business contacts) but he was happy to watch on TV rather than go to the ground.

Give us a shout next time u get corporate offers to watch the reds ill be in that 😂

10 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Me personally I'd rather watch a game live and at the venue. The atmosphere would be miles better at an amateur game with a couple of hundred people there rather than stuck in someone's living room. And all he'd be watching is grown men tripping over a blade of grass 😅

15 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Me personally I'd rather watch a game live and at the venue. The atmosphere would be miles better at an amateur game with a couple of hundred people there rather than stuck in someone's living room. And all he'd be watching is grown men tripping over a blade of grass 😅

Yeah absolutely,  nothing beats being at the game. Hated watching streams before we were allowed in again. Reading on Sheffield twitter that there is a possibility of streaming again for that game next Saturday,  really hope not, we need people to start attending games again. Bit cliche but every game be like a cup final now, 3 huge games left this month now. Come on you roughyeds 

3 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Yeah absolutely,  nothing beats being at the game. Hated watching streams before we were allowed in again. Reading on Sheffield twitter that there is a possibility of streaming again for that game next Saturday,  really hope not, we need people to start attending games again. Bit cliche but every game be like a cup final now, 3 huge games left this month now. Come on you roughyeds 

I decided to get a season ticket this year, even though I wouldn't be able to attend many games due to work commitments. I wanted to help the club in a small way. So the streaming has been a godsend for me. However, my workmates are beginning to wonder why I sneak off to the loo with my iPad. 😃

10 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

You really can't beat the atmosphere of a live game being played out in front of you . You could be at Wembley or Saddleworth Rangers, it doesn't matter. 

the match against sheffield on saterday is not being shown on our league.

but back to the nitty gritty we have a defensiye loose forword in bent/we have a defensive stand off in charnock/we have a defensive hooker in owen/we have a player who cant make a break in hewitt, gregary makes more yards forword in one match then hewitt makes in eight/then a full back in abram who  is to small and cant tackle

we dont have one play maker in any off those positions. none of these five players are champ. standard and these positions are the engine room of the team. mr. diskin this needs sorting out fast or there will be only one outcome.

10 hours ago, tandle said:

the match against sheffield on saterday is not being shown on our league.

but back to the nitty gritty we have a defensiye loose forword in bent/we have a defensive stand off in charnock/we have a defensive hooker in owen/we have a player who cant make a break in hewitt, gregary makes more yards forword in one match then hewitt makes in eight/then a full back in abram who  is to small and cant tackle

we dont have one play maker in any off those positions. none of these five players are champ. standard and these positions are the engine room of the team. mr. diskin this needs sorting out fast or there will be only one outcome.

All going well over there then😀😀😀

The strength in depth in crucial positions has been decimated by injury, with Barran being out since early doors, Matty Wilkinson out with a broken leg, Croft injured and sent back to Wakefield, and Nisbett suspended and sent back to Saints.

If we can get a team close to this Green, Nisbet, Heaton, Roberts, Ince, New stand off, Barran, Joy, Gregory, Kirk,Langtree,Bridge,Reilly. subs:Owen,Spencer,Dupree,Pick. 

I think we would stay up. We have the worst spine in the league at the minute between Abram, Charnock,Hewitt,Owen and Bent. No skill, no pace, no power and no aggression. If we don't make changes in these key positions as soon as possible we will be going down.

Archived