Sheffield - Game 9

jroyales

Am I the only one who objects violently to this date switch? We can't blame Sky now for late changes that inconvenience fans when we do it ourselves, and just because of a football match! Why not just delay start, if watching the football is deemed to be so important? I am sure I am not the only fan who is otherwise committed on the Saturday.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that squad. We've been battered by Haven by 34. Fev by 68. York by 30+ then Widnes by 40 who took their half backs off after 45 mins. And yet he's gone with the same team aside from Joy probably coming into the 17.

3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

I can't believe that squad. We've been battered by Haven by 34. Fev by 68. York by 30+ then Widnes by 40 who took their half backs off after 45 mins. And yet he's gone with the same team aside from Joy probably coming into the 17.

And we'll probably get our bottom handed to us again. 

Seems odd that Green not on injured list but not even in 21. I fear something afoot behind the scenes. Abram has not shown up well in last couple of games and yet I can't see Hartley replacing him so it really does seem like the definition of madness - doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I hope we are all proved wrong

correct me if iam wrong but assent diskin got a three year contract.

i fear for oldham tomorrow diskin seems obsessed with playing hewitt/charnock/abram/they bring nothing to the team.

i am hoping against hope that oldham win tomorrow,if we lose we are in a very critical position and in dire straits.

we are in a deep hole and the problem is the hole is getting deeper. 

With the team as it is with Abram ,Charnock and Hewitt in such key creative roles our only hope of winning for me is if our forwards can get on a roll and barge our way up the field as we have no hope of creating much with our halves I'd be surprised if we get a win today but happy to be wrong 

Reflecting on the game, we gave them three long range scores from our poor last tackle plays. We still managed to finish within four points of them, that was a winnable game. I'm afraid we are distinctly lacking throughout the backs. I would exempt Roberts and Hewitt from that statement on todays performance, but the rest do not seem up to championship standard.

Disappointing result today as Sheffield were there for the taking. Overall the performance was much better & we controlled the game for large parts with the forwards dominating. As said above, 3 long range tries off our last tackle plays. Brierly, Roberts, Joy, Kirk all good today. Newcastle a must win game.

2 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

I'll post a longer comment after when I've calmed down but Diskin has to go. That was appalling.

Have to agree it's time for a change now before it's to late , the players have to take there share of the blame don't get me wrong. some simply ain't good enough for the championship ,but all the talk before the season started about not thinking of relegation and a comfortable mid table finish was fine but the truth is we are in a relegation battle and I don't think our coach is up to getting us out of it sadly

Archived