Fans Back In - Demand For Tickets?

Maybe some of the various club fans on here could give some info on the appetite/demand for tickets since small crowds were let back in? Were all tickets snapped up straight away? Was there a disappointing take up? Are there waiting lists for people trying to get into the limited capacity games? Are people just waiting and seeing until stadiums fully open up?

From afar, it is hard to know really as clubs will have taken completely different approaches to letting fans back in. But it would be good to hear what the general trend has been.

We have a strong season ticket culture in the UK so I don't expect a full recovery in crowd figures this year if restrictions are lifted.

Next year will be the big test (if there are no capacity limits) to see if fans return in normal numbers or some have got out of the routine.

Not sure what is happening last year. Although for last Friday's match, Saints made quite the balls up in that they didn't pay for postage on a batch of tickets so many didn't arrive and were stuck in the sorting office!

Some good news for over 60's if they have been vaccinated.Where i live Sheffield the infection rate for them is 3.3 in 100,000.So i class that as no risk in that group.But in the 0 to 59 year old's a number who will not have had 2 jabs the rate is 38 in 100,000 which in a attendance of 5,000 would equate to 2 people possibly having the virus.A few months ago during the first lockdown out of 430 cases of Covid 19 only 2 had contracted it outdoors.

I was there first up getting my ticket for the grandstand and a day later they’d gone . By Saturday the rest were gone and it was pretty much on max. People ate them up in no time

Barrow's council have been really supportive with COVID virtually disappeared in Cumbria. They allowed us a capacity around 3,000 that allowed us to fully market the game and the fans came in numbers with some fantastic feedback. To have close to 2,000 in the ground was a very good attendance for Barrow and an excellent one for League One. There didn't appear to be any nervousness with regards to COVID.

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

5 minutes ago, the man said:

Barrow's council have been really supportive with COVID virtually disappeared in Cumbria. They allowed us a capacity around 3,000 that allowed us to fully market the game and the fans came in numbers with some fantastic feedback. To have close to 2,000 in the ground was a very good attendance for Barrow and an excellent one for League One. There didn't appear to be any nervousness with regards to COVID.

Tremendous effort that. We'll done to all concerned

7 minutes ago, the man said:

How many paid?

1375 paid out of 1915, the rest were free tickets to children, fans turning up before 1pm or given out in sponsors deals 

Secondary spend was through the roof, hence the repeat of the offers versus Rochdale

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

Maybe some of the various club fans on here could give some info on the appetite/demand for tickets since small crowds were let back in? Were all tickets snapped up straight away? Was there a disappointing take up? Are there waiting lists for people trying to get into the limited capacity games? Are people just waiting and seeing until stadiums fully open up?

From afar, it is hard to know really as clubs will have taken completely different approaches to letting fans back in. But it would be good to hear what the general trend has been.

We'll , I was out for a beer with some ' Wigan ' fans at the weekend , all they kept going on about was Leigh being the only club to not stream their games , I pointed out that the Giants fans could buy a ticket , and it was only the Wigan game that Leigh didn't put on our league or make tickets available ( Wigan did stream the game however ) , so basically they want to watch Wigan wherever they play for free , then again they are as tight as cramp , and rarely visit the DW , as I said ' big Wigan fans ' 😂

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

We'll , I was out for a beer with some ' Wigan ' fans at the weekend , all they kept going on about was Leigh being the only club to not stream their games , I pointed out that the Giants fans could buy a ticket , and it was only the Wigan game that Leigh didn't put on our league or make tickets available ( Wigan did stream the game however ) , so basically they want to watch Wigan wherever they play for free , then again they are as tight as cramp , and rarely visit the DW , as I said ' big Wigan fans ' 😂

🙂

Our League blackout. Derek's the sort of guy who would buy Club Tropicana and start charging for drinks.

3 hours ago, the man said:

1375 paid out of 1915, the rest were free tickets to children, fans turning up before 1pm or given out in sponsors deals 

Secondary spend was through the roof, hence the repeat of the offers versus Rochdale

If you can do it, this shows why for some it is worth it!

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

Its depended on ST numbers really. Leeds have had to Ballot because the limites capacity is less than membership numbers. Cas and Wakey I know have had tickets on general sale after ST holders have been accounted for - I'm not sure how many of those roughly 600+ tickets each were sold but I expect a fair few.

5 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Although for last Friday's match, Saints made quite the balls up in that they didn't pay for postage on a batch of tickets so many didn't arrive and were stuck in the sorting office!

You wouldn’t believe how many big companies do that as well, I once delivered a grey ‘there’s a fee to pay’ card to an entire 100 house street as a utilities supplier in their haste to inform the street of impeding works hadn’t put any postage on.

From a York perspective this Sunday’s game (semi final of the 1664 cup vs Swinton) is a 2000 capacity and tickets are still on general sale, I thought they’d have sold out quickly what with it being only the 2nd match fans can attend at the game. The clubs last visit there was 90 years ago too.

I think in this case it’s a mixture of older fans perhaps not being confident about returning to matches, a bit of indifference as the clubs form has been patchy, some people struggling to accept you can’t just turn up and pay at the turnstile anymore and also there’ll be fans confident of getting to Wembley who are saving for the big day instead. I’m sure the sold out signs will go up soon.

Later in the season will be a good time to gauge the level of interest. 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

I was there first up getting my ticket for the grandstand and a day later they’d gone . By Saturday the rest were gone and it was pretty much on max. People ate them up in no time

Is cuisine that bad in Cumbria?

Warrington only sold ‘full’ season tickets to the new restricted capacity of 4,000. Then started selling ‘half’ season tickets. So everyone who got in early enough got a ticket- not sure how many half season tickets have been sold.  Will be interesting to see attendances at Warrington once restrictions are lifted.

13 hours ago, the man said:

It’s amazing the amount of criticism Toronto faced when they allegedly gave out some free tickets to bolster their attendance, yet when Barrow do the same thing it seems to be seen as a positive mood, I’m struggling to see the difference.

8 hours ago, Alffi 7 said:

Will be interesting to see attendances at Warrington once restrictions are lifted.

I don’t think restrictions will be lifted, we may as well forget about the 21st June restriction free fantasy now as it’s just not going to happen. Hopefully there are some changes so we can have more than 4000 at games, something like say up to 50% capacity up to 8000 would be really good for Rugby League. 

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s amazing the amount of criticism Toronto faced when they allegedly gave out some free tickets to bolster their attendance, yet when Barrow do the same thing it seems to be seen as a positive mood, I’m struggling to see the difference.

There isn't any. It's a positive move. 

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

To be fair, you could go on Ticketmaster and help yourself to unlimited free tickets for Wolfpack games. I did it myself!

This is a bit more enlightened.

Archived