Fans Back In - Demand For Tickets?

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s amazing the amount of criticism Toronto faced when they allegedly gave out some free tickets to bolster their attendance, yet when Barrow do the same thing it seems to be seen as a positive mood, I’m struggling to see the difference.

Those who condemn this kind of thing at TWP will also condemn this kind of thing at any other club. 

But we'll done on trying to keep TWP alive and in the focus. 

On 02/06/2021 at 09:26, Dave T said:

Those who condemn this kind of thing at TWP will also condemn this kind of thing at any other club. 

But we'll done on trying to keep TWP alive and in the focus. 

Ballcocks...

On 01/06/2021 at 15:44, the man said:

1375 paid out of 1915, the rest were free tickets to children, fans turning up before 1pm or given out in sponsors deals 

Secondary spend was through the roof, hence the repeat of the offers versus Rochdale

This is a great example of speculating to accumulate and I love to see it.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Seems crazy for people to slag it off.  Free tickets for under 18's with someone paying is an absolute no brainer for a sport which has a rapidly ageing fambase.  

You get kids with the bug early and if you hold onto 20% thats your fambase of the future.  

I’ve seen this done plenty of times over the years and not seen clubs make any noise of it working

Kids season tickets are relatively cheap anyway and in normal times gets you into away games as well. 

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’ve seen this done plenty of times over the years and not seen clubs make any noise of it working

Kids season tickets are relatively cheap anyway and in normal times gets you into away games as well. 

This strategy can only work when you are giving them away to new audiences that wouldnt otherwise be coming to the game. Its throwing money away to give free tickets to "Joe Bloggs" when he is already a season ticket holder and likely to bring his offspring along.

It has to be targeted at NEW audiences.

While I completely applaud Barrows initiative here it should be pointed out that many clubs allow kids in for free. Not taking anything away from Barrow but making people aware in context of the free entry debate above. 

I wrote in last week's league 1 thread that attendances have been way down for the Bears. At this stage it has been about getting the fans back in the stadium but as restrictions lift further and there's a lot more promotion of games hopefully numbers will increase. 

5 hours ago, dkw said:

Ballcocks...

Bradford still get stick now for their marketing efforts 20 years ago. 

Hudds get stick for that 'biggest announcement' in history. 

Some people are just miserable about this kind of thing. 

I remember Warrington giving free tickets 25 years ago and getting around 8.5k versus Workington on a miserable night, and launching junior season tickets for a tenner. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. 

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I have it on good authority that Wakeys tickets for the Leigh game on Sunday have ONLY £25 written on them , I wonder what they are reffering to ? 🤔😉😂 

They're usually £24 👀👀👀

3 hours ago, tiffers said:

This strategy can only work when you are giving them away to new audiences that wouldnt otherwise be coming to the game. Its throwing money away to give free tickets to "Joe Bloggs" when he is already a season ticket holder and likely to bring his offspring along.

It has to be targeted at NEW audiences.

True, but at the same time you can’t say sorry you have to pay but the next bloke doesn’t because his kid has never been before. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

True, but at the same time you can’t say sorry you have to pay but the next bloke doesn’t because his kid has never been before. 

You can , and in fact that is part of the problem , you've got to convince the first bloke that it's better for his club in the long run if the next bloke gets a freebie to brings his lad to his first game 

Personally I'd be budgeting for one game to be totally free each year 

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I have it on good authority that Wakeys tickets for the Leigh game on Sunday have ONLY £25 written on them , I wonder what they are reffering to ? 🤔😉😂 

Yes. This is true.

However, it's down to grammar and line spacing.

It should say:

Western terrace only

£25

It actually says:

Western terrace 

Only £25

😂🤪

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

You can , and in fact that is part of the problem , you've got to convince the first bloke that it's better for his club in the long run if the next bloke gets a freebie to brings his lad to his first game 

Personally I'd be budgeting for one game to be totally free each year 

I get your point here 100%, just think that would be very difficult (the convincing the first bloke bit). 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I get your point here 100%, just think that would be very difficult (the convincing the first bloke bit). 

I did say " that's the problem " , many years ago we brought loads of kids into Hilton Park on ' complimentary '  tickets , they were in the main stand , we had regulars moaning and complaining about the noise the kids were making 🙁 , unfortunately some people are just stupid 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I did say " that's the problem " , many years ago we brought loads of kids into Hilton Park on ' complimentary '  tickets , they were in the main stand , we had regulars moaning and complaining about the noise the kids were making 🙁 , unfortunately some people are just stupid 

In the early 2000s Norwich (at the time we were averaging around 13-14k) did kids for a quid for evening games and it was at times excruciating (eg a high pitched cheer when it was announced that Man Utd were winning at half time), but roll onto 2009 and we were averaging 23k in league one because those kids were now proper fans with no interest in Man Utd, and now (before covid) you couldnt get a ticket for love or money because their kids were going too, and you don’t see many people around the city with Chelsea or Man City etc shirts on. I really think the root of it was the kids for a quid, so while I know a football example doesn’t always fit well with RL it demonstrates that free or cheap tickets for kids can and does work in the long run. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

In the early 2000s Norwich (at the time we were averaging around 13-14k) did kids for a quid for evening games and it was at times excruciating (eg a high pitched cheer when it was announced that Man Utd were winning at half time), but roll onto 2009 and we were averaging 23k in league one because those kids were now proper fans with no interest in Man Utd, and now (before covid) you couldnt get a ticket for love or money because their kids were going too, and you don’t see many people around the city with Chelsea or Man City etc shirts on. I really think the root of it was the kids for a quid, so while I know a football example doesn’t always fit well with RL it demonstrates that free or cheap tickets for kids can and does work in the long run. 

Definatley , but like most things in life , you have to stick at it to get the rewards 

20 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think its absolutely doable. Look at most subscription services like Amazon Prime / Netflix or even stuff like beer and wine subscriptions. They all start with a heavily discounted first month subscription and then you sign-up and start paying properly for the ongoing service. This is effectively the same thing.

Archived