Test Match

On 02/06/2021 at 22:53, Stuff Smith said:

Exactly.

Remember Henry Paul, Lesley Vainikolo and Shontayne Hape?  At least we don't claim someone who has residency qualifications from *another sport* for a national team.

Could we?

Which foreign international class players transition from another sport and are good enough to play for England? 

I can't think of any. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/06/2021 at 09:41, Harry Stottle said:

Is there actually either a Brazilian or Phiippino team that could be sourced from their own country?

Or are these two teams like the Italian, Greek and Lebanese teams that have descendents running about in Sydney, all with wives called Shelagh or Kylie and going for a barbie and a few tinines on the beach!

Why not do it over here, in the not to distant future we could in this country advertise for 17 lads from a great number of countries to have the opportunity to don an international jumper, just think how many teams could enter the early rounds of the WC format?

It is getting rather silly.

do you, by any chance, play for England at Cricket in your spare time? 😛 

For those claiming the Brazil team is just made up of 'Australians posing as heritage players', this is the make up the 18-man squad:

• 10 players qualify for Brazil as they were born and grew up in the country
  • 5 players qualify for Brazil as both their parents were born and grew up in the country
  • 3 players qualify for Brazil because one of their parents were born and grew up in the country
  • 1 player qualifies under the grandparent rule

Further, the Brasil Rugby League did apply to try and bring over 3 players from Brazil for the match, however this request was, unsurprisingly, rejected by the Australian Government. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

2 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

For those claiming the Brazil team is just made up of 'Australians posing as heritage players', this is the make up the 18-man squad:

• 5 players qualify for Brazil as both their parents were born and grew up in the country
  • 3 players qualify for Brazil because one of their parents were born and grew up in the country

Further, the Brasil Rugby League did apply to try and bring over 3 players from Brazil for the match, however this request was, unsurprisingly, rejected by the Australian Government. 

Thanks for that.

Any idea of the equivalents for the Philippines team?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

The Rugby League Passport Police will be pleased. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have already noted my feelings on the selection of our National Cricket team RP, it stinks.

My post was more around the attitude of the cricket team and their interesting tweets and how your post may read in light of that.. (a bit tongue in cheek but still.. )

22 hours ago, RP London said:

My post was more around the attitude of the cricket team and their interesting tweets and how your post may read in light of that.. (a bit tongue in cheek but still.. )

Ah sorry, but I have only seen the headlines re a couple of England player's and some Tweets they are alleged to have posted some time ago, to be honest it did not generate enough interest for me to delve into it any further, I will refrain from commenting any more on that particular subject and keep my own interpretations private.

On 08/06/2021 at 08:45, gingerjon said:

Thanks for that.

Any idea of the equivalents for the Philippines team?

Their lineup as given in the stream had 15 players with Anglo last names and three players with Latino last names, so it looks like it was strictly a heritage team.

Archived