Swinton at home

spanishknight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, spanishknight said:

It's a long time since we were in a semi-final to get to Wembley, even longer since we went to Wembley, there won't be anyone alive who went last time, can we do it this year or will we blow it?, squeaky bum time for us and the Lions.

The mudbath in the early 80s at elland  road was nail biting , I feel with discipline and passionate home support we can do this .😀😀😀

45 minutes ago, DEANO said:

The way we’re pushing tickets on social media suggests sales are poor

Attendance's are going to be affected for some time yet , Fan's are still wary , and I don't blame em .😀😀😀

Spot on SK.  I was really disappointed not to get tickets for the Oldham game and can’t wait to see the new stadium.  However, being recently retired I need to watch the pennies!   £40 for tickets, £25 in diesel from the East Coast, potential parking charges and a bite to eat on the way home!  Not much change from £100 versus £4.95 at home on a wide screen TV. 

8 minutes ago, BridKnight said:

Spot on SK.  I was really disappointed not to get tickets for the Oldham game and can’t wait to see the new stadium.  However, being recently retired I need to watch the pennies!   £40 for tickets, £25 in diesel from the East Coast, potential parking charges and a bite to eat on the way home!  Not much change from £100 versus £4.95 at home on a wide screen TV. 

Hope you go to Wembley if we win 😀😀😀

Don't even have to pay the fiver, both semi-finals are free to view on our-league apparently., so no need to miss the game. Not the same as being there though for those of us lucky enough to have a ticket. Really looking forward to Sunday, hopefully all the tickets will be sold.

18 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Did I read somewhere that should the knights win and you go to the match that your guaranteed a ticket for the final

Where did you read that?

Id expect season ticket holders get priority, just on past experience of attending finals.

As for slow take up on the semi I think there’s a few reasons; people saving for a possible trip to Wembley, people reluctant to go out with the ongoing pandemic, some possibly struggling to navigate the new ticket system, some put off by our inconsistent form, some preferring to watch for free and also is it not school holidays, that often affects crowds too. 

7 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

There were a few season ticket holders that sat near us at Bootham Crescent, never came to a cup game because they had to pay. There's no-one as tight as a Yorkshire man, and I should know I am one.

I know several fans who never go to cup games (all pay), they have missed out on some great games over the years, I just can't understand them, it's only a game or two if we're lucky enough to get a home draw.

37 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I know several fans who never go to cup games (all pay), they have missed out on some great games over the years, I just can't understand them, it's only a game or two if we're lucky enough to get a home draw.

Agree 100%. Watching on the 📺 is ok but not the same as being there. 

Looks like O’Hagan, BJB and Sonny Bill  Baldwinson are injured and won’t play Sunday.

I really don’t know where we are at with which loan players are allowed to play. I’d like to see Marsh back at fullback, possibly Dean and Lewis in the halves, those 2 to put me would attack the line more and bring some much needed pace and energy to our game with Marsh tidying things up at the back and providing his usual good support play.

Internet coach here would also go with Whiteley on the wing to replace BJB. Hopefully Ronan Dixon returns too.

If Dean is not able to play we could always play Harrison at fullback, he didn't let us down against Wigan to say it was his first game, his defence was good and he caught the high kicks, just another option to think about, id play Bass or Whiteley on the wing.

Couldn’t make the Oldham game as was on holiday, so Sunday will be my first home game at the LNER and I am like a kid before Christmas. Not to mention that winners get to play and Wembley. 🏟 The game kicks off at 2:00pm.  But does anyone know what time access is for each area in the stands? Up the Mighty Knights.

1 hour ago, Fenton Knight said:

Couldn’t make the Oldham game as was on holiday, so Sunday will be my first home game at the LNER and I am like a kid before Christmas. Not to mention that winners get to play and Wembley. 🏟 The game kicks off at 2:00pm.  But does anyone know what time access is for each area in the stands? Up the Mighty Knights.

Time slots were issued sat last week , nothing mentioned yet as to whether it will be the same , enjoy the game 😀😀😀

3 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Here you go FK.

https://yorkcityknights.com/club/matchday-guide/

Archived