Roofs

Raiderfan79

14 hours ago, Raiderfan79 said:

Will we be putting new roofs on at either ends in the near future or not 

I'm sure Cresta would tender for the job😎

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I wonder if the other roof will be coming down as it probably needs to be replaced as the ground needs modernising alot really,  hopefully some of the money being made from the bar and big screen being there will be used for ground improvement 

Personally i thought the ground was looking better on Sunday than it has for along time. Also think the ground looks better with the roofs behind both sticks removed. When we get more bars and food outlets it will be great. 

We were talking about this on Sunday, sunning ourselves at the Duke Street end. The Hindpool end would look good with a small shelter, maybe a third of the width it was and with the new food outlet behind. 

11 hours ago, Dave W said:

We were talking about this on Sunday, sunning ourselves at the Duke Street end. The Hindpool end would look good with a small shelter, maybe a third of the width it was and with the new food outlet behind. 

I think the absolute priority is a new popular side roof similar to the ones at Holker Street which look fantastic.

It was constructed in 1931 and is well past it's sell by date.

17 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

I think the absolute priority is a new popular side roof similar to the ones at Holker Street which look fantastic.

It was constructed in 1931 and is well past it's sell by date.

The roof on the Holler St end whilst looking good is not fit for purpose. The roof is to high and because of the prevailing wind your getting a soaking if it rains. 

Archived