NRL Match Thread - Round 13 - 2021 - Only 4 games this week

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even against a depleted Panthers side, that wasn't an easy win. Well done to the Tigers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

I’ve been able to mirror my WatchNRL on to the big TV via our Roku box. This is due to a software update on the Roku.

Excellent news! I'm sure your morning's productivity has plummeted.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My watch NRL contract ends in a few weeks and I cancelled it yesterday , and more than a few things in this game emphasised why . The extreme to downright ridiculous oversanitising of the game on one side - with minimal  high contact  and hands across the face penalised , along with complete accidents with carriers falling to near the ground . And on the other other side as a direct correlation to that the complete working of the directives and just down right overt cheating which used to be an an anathema in this sport. Staying down , collapsing to the floor , squealing at the ref as your being tackled . I just find the direction the games gone frustrating , laughable and downright sad . Dane Laurie ? What’s he about , he should be in the premier league . They need to be very careful what they’re unleashing here , even with worthy principles , because this spectacle isn’t the game im wanting to watch. That’s just my opinion but I just find the game lesser than it was as a viewer 

The new interpretations will settle down and find their level, as will the commentators'/pundits' reaction/over-reaction to it. Yes, there are soft non-penalties, but also much hot air wasted being "furious" about genuine fouls that deserved a stoppage.

Playing the ref has been around longer than the current crackdown, and as soon as there's a directive that severely punishes simulation, the better. I recall Jarome Luai conning the referee last season with a dive, when Benji Marshall's fingertips had just brushed his cheek. As soon as Penrith got the penalty, he got to his feet with a big smirk.

The biggest mistake was not introducing the new regime during the off-season, so players, coaches and (especially) officials could prepare for it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Dane Laurie needs nominating for a VC , he was virtually dead at least three times but bravely carried on 

Brilliant young player, but needs a slap from one of his heftier team-mates.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Had the game on this morning but due to work couldn't give it 100% concentration.

However, did hear Roach mention on commentary get on your feet Laurie this isnt soccer.

I am agreement with head shots when they are head high. However, when the the head is knee high how is one supposed to  tackle.

It is interesting the sanctimonious  attitude the " experts" on Fox  are taking on this compared to their attitude on the mental health of George Williams. 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Melbourne Storma and Sydney Roosters are both in the top 5 with big injury lists all season. the Penny Panthers and South Sydney Wabbits only have to have a few absentees and they get a spanking #JustSaying

26 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

It is interesting the sanctimonious  attitude the " experts" on Fox  are taking on this compared to their attitude on the mental health of George Williams. 

Hooper is again gunning for George Williams on Fox

HOMESICK? WILLIAMS HEADS TO THE GOLD COAST

The George Williams situation might have gone quiet for the time being in the national capital but there is still plenty going on behind the scenes.

Williams is currently holidaying on the Gold Coast - so much for being homesick - while the England halfback tries to resolve his contract termination with the Canberra Raiders.

Predictably, another NRL club has already fielded a call to gauge interest in adding Williams to its roster for next year.

Surprise, surprise, it’s a beachside club.

Where it could get slightly complicated will be the detail of Williams’ exit from Canberra.

Because the Green Machine has agreed to release him early there is expected to be a clause stipulating he can only be let go to join a Super League club overseas.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/jimmy-brings/so-much-for-being-homesick-george-williams-heads-to-the-gold-coast-jimmy-brings/news-story/903d3797cf7a77c03577db8243c07a32

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

and George himself tweets he is still in Canberra

Funny thing is I’ve still not left Canberra. He’s wrong lol

https://twitter.com/George7Williams/status/1400739997821456387?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

6 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Melbourne Storma and Sydney Roosters are both in the top 5 with big injury lists all season. the Penny Panthers and South Sydney Wabbits only have to have a few absentees and they get a spanking #JustSaying

Storm used to suffer losses during Origin but strangely or more perhaps a look at how their playing structures had to change to cope with players missing, certainly since Cronk moved then Slater and Smith retired the changes made have made Storm much stronger in coping with key injuries etc. 

Panthers have emerged as a top 4 team but have a way to go to be able to cope with key players missing, its a learning curve for them but they'll look at Storm and copy some of their systems.

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

My watch NRL contract ends in a few weeks and I cancelled it yesterday , and more than a few things in this game emphasised why . The extreme to downright ridiculous oversanitising of the game on one side - with minimal  high contact  and hands across the face penalised , along with complete accidents with carriers falling to near the ground . And on the other other side as a direct correlation to that the complete working of the directives and just down right overt cheating which used to be an an anathema in this sport. Staying down , collapsing to the floor , squealing at the ref as your being tackled . I just find the direction the games gone frustrating , laughable and downright sad . Dane Laurie ? What’s he about , he should be in the premier league . They need to be very careful what they’re unleashing here , even with worthy principles , because this spectacle isn’t the game im wanting to watch. That’s just my opinion but I just find the game lesser than it was as a viewer 

David, if by chance WatchNRL contact you offering any discount if you return please let us know on here. My renewal comes up shortly and the cost does seem more than last season.

13 minutes ago, Graham said:

David, if by chance WatchNRL contact you offering any discount if you return please let us know on here. My renewal comes up shortly and the cost does seem more than last season.

Will do

Preston Campbell's son Jayden makes his NRL debut for the Titans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 03/06/2021 at 19:53, Graham said:

Evening.

Not many games this round. Let’s hope they are good competitive ones.

There’ll be at least one surprise result in the round surely? There usually is in the bye round.

On 03/06/2021 at 19:55, Farmduck said:

I think it might be Wests beating Panthers. The depleted Panthers 1-13 still looks good but their bench is, Who?, Some Guy, Some Other Guy, and whoever else turns up.

Touche

Archived