Town Vs Cougars

Spike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Anybody know what’s happened to Tom Curwen, played at Hunslet off the bench but not seen since. Always gives you good go forward.

Someone was saying last week that he’s gone , can’t verify that

lads are going to leave if they don't get game time, town big squad ,players have had a year out so was expecting a few to leave if there not playing regular,but hope the lad has not gone.thats were  good man management comes in to keep the squad happy.

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

lads are going to leave if they don't get game time, town big squad ,players have had a year out so was expecting a few to leave if there not playing regular,but hope the lad has not gone.thats were  good man management comes in to keep the squad happy.

Fine balance though isn't it? 

Trying to keep everyone happy might lose you games, fans want to see the strongest team on the pitch every week. 

Got to look at the bigger picture, I'm sure all the lads will get a chance at some point in the season. 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Someone was saying last week that he’s gone , can’t verify that

I believe your right David I think he’s handed his notice in, and like someone said earlier he’s a local that gives good go forward, sad to see him go

I've heard the same about Tom packing in, massive shame as he is exactly the type of forward Chris seems to be wanting, has the size but also quick and good with ball in hand. I know he has just had twins so hopefully he will reconsider once the time is right for him.

12 hours ago, Town Army said:

Fine balance though isn't it? 

Trying to keep everyone happy might lose you games, fans want to see the strongest team on the pitch every week. 

Got to look at the bigger picture, I'm sure all the lads will get a chance at some point in the season. 

Completely agree about the balance, you wouldn’t want to send a weakened team to Coventry or London scholars nowadays, pressure is on pretty much every week this year. Reserves is the answer like town Utd says but not sure that’s going to happen any time soon, Good Luck today, be a cracking game, 2 really good teams and both will be desperate not to lose 

Pleased with the win , ultimately that’s all that counts in the end , but honesty I think this week like last week was just a frustrating watch . To much that was just scrappy and really average with us making things really hard for ourselves.

No lack of effort but we seem to just lack a bit of spark in attack, we really need to get a grip of high balls it could have been our downfall again today, but lets take the win, they were a better side than Donny,  Big shout out to Connor Fitz, he must have played 70+ minutes today and was running as hard as at start when he went off and Caine excellent as usual, 

Think we made that look harder than it needed to be. Bombed two certain tries in calvin and brown, not sure how. Hewer had a stinker (shock)

The frustrating thing is we know we are capable of alot better than that. But it turned out to be comfortable in the end which is pleasing. Thought our kicking game was pretty poor today and some of our early tackle decision making was baffling. 

On the plus side though Caine Barnes was outstanding yet again. Holyroyd scored a beauty and thought Hanley was excellent when he came back on the field. 

Strong position in the league and room for improvement. Good result all in all.

Well as DavidM said a wins a win but we make it so difficult for ourselves. Some lovely worked tries but we cannot keep making the same mistakes week in week out. We really should have put that game to bed a lot earlier than what we did, but on the plus side we can be a whole lot better than that which augurs well. A superb individual try from Holroyd who definitely has a bit of the X factor. Some good performances and long minutes from the likely suspects but also impressed with young Jake Lightowler thought he put a good shift in. Hope young Bickerdikes confidence doesn’t take to big a hit, he’ll come good. 

Caine Barnes absolutely tremendous . A fair bit of the ball he gets is just shipped onto him with guys in his way and he still drives them back over an over . If he can get some quicker ball into a bit of space on the outside he’ll cause mayhem . He can own this league easily. 

A kinda nerve wracking match to clunky a performance to really enjoy apart from the last ten minutes,don’t mind newer as a rule but a few strange decisions which were hard to swallow , we definitely need to up our game a gear or two to be where we need to be come the of season

Archived