Town Vs Cougars

Spike

To play like that against one of the top teams in the division and get 2 points iam happy with that. Great try by holroyd.. we still keep letting the opposition have a start. We will get better each week that goes by. Look forward to next match. Utt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, David69 said:

To play like that against one of the top teams in the division and get 2 points iam happy with that. Great try by holroyd.. we still keep letting the opposition have a start. We will get better each week that goes by. Look forward to next match. Utt

Was harder not to score to be honest, in fairness to him think he tried to get nearer to posts instead of just putting it down, but was a certain try bombed unfortunately.

Better performance than last week as on the whole the lads played the sets out which made things easier,  especially on a hot day. 

Really felt for Ethan as it must really knock your confidence when the crowd start groaning. He got his position wrong early on and he struggled from then on. Hopefully he can put it behind him and show what he can do.

Hewer was pretty poor considering he's meant to be one of the better refs. 

Loved Holroyds try, great balance and footwork, and who can stop Matty scoring. I still don't know how Brown manged not to score, again from a bit of Holroyd magic.

The lads are winning and getting better, thats all we want UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Happy with the win, not too happy about the number of errors we make that gifts the opposition scoring chances, this week and last week, we need to be better, am sure CT will work on it.

Great to get the win . Henson gives that extra spark and go forward   but i would like to see Marwood getting a run . He is very sharp and backs up .At the moment we are a bit predictable ,and he could give different options in attack 

We scored some nice individual tries , but tbh i thought a fair bit of our attack today was a bit ponderous and predictable . Id like to see a bit more of the offloading game they had , and moving it a bit sharper . 

Great to get the win . Henson gives that extra spark and go forward   but i would like to see Marwood getting a run . He is very sharp and backs up .At the moment we are a bit predictable ,and he could give different options in attack.  With Henson and Marwood in the team together i think we would be so much quicker in attack 

Well we kept gifting them the ball and despite them playing good rugby we were still in front at half-time. It's hard to know what to make of it, great Holroyd try, Scholey was immense, how did Brown not score? 

It's good we finally have options with a big squad and everybody who comes in does a good job. Two things...maybe try a different halfback combo and that left defence needs sorted, my take is that Jamie is leaving Calvin too much to do but I'm happy to hear other opinions on it.

6 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Well we kept gifting them the ball and despite them playing good rugby we were still in front at half-time. It's hard to know what to make of it, great Holroyd try, Scholey was immense, how did Brown not score? 

It's good we finally have options with a big squad and everybody who comes in does a good job. Two things...maybe try a different halfback combo and that left defence needs sorted, my take is that Jamie is leaving Calvin too much to do but I'm happy to hear other opinions on it.

Sorry have I missed something, Jamie is leaving to go where ?? 

1 minute ago, Hate the rec said:

Sorry have I missed something, Jamie is leaving to go where ?? 

The left hand defence, he's defending too tight leaving Calvin too many numbers coming at him. Something isn't working there and that's my take.

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’m on the other side , starting to celebrate , so I’ve absolutely no idea how Brown didn’t score that try 

The bombed try happened in front of me, simply thought he had a stroll in and wasn't aware of the defender directly  behind him.

I agree with silverfox , would like to see Henson and marwood play together, Henson start then bring on marwood, Henson looks as if he could go into half back when marwood comes on ,then  two Half's with pace.defo worth a try,👍

Matty has played in the halves for the mont,I am sure he would not let is club down,and i think looking at doran today he was knackered coming on for the 2nd half.I am sure we must have an replacement somewhere in the squad,but overall it was a good win over a team that fancies winning the title but not on that performance today.UTT🏉🏉🏉

11 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Couldn't make the game yesterday due to work but just curious how Jordan Thomson done on his debut

Also what was the attendance 

Not sure on the attendance but I thought Jordan went pretty well, came on for last 15 and did his work well tackled hard and made solid yards. 

Like any of the lads who you would say aren't regulars, they haven't let anyone down when called upon. 

10 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

The left hand defence, he's defending too tight leaving Calvin too many numbers coming at him. Something isn't working there and that's my take.

I thought Jake missed a couple yesterday which left gaps on left edge, he looks to be carrying a knock

Weve got O’Donnell , Henson , Marwood and O’Brien who all give you something around the middle . We look good with pace around the ruck against bigger sides ,  I’d be looking to get them all in the 17 , and it might take some of the load of Jamie . 

14 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Agree about Jamie, the last two games he was drifting out of the play. Against the Dons I think he took the line on once and that was close to our line and he lost the ball. Result a try against us. His kicking yesterday was not what you would expect from an experienced captain. Only my opinion and its early days but he looks jaded to me, none of his old spark. Get henson and marwood on the bench and get them both on at once. Nothing to lose and Blain never lets us down.

32 minutes ago, maripins said:

Agree about Jamie, the last two games he was drifting out of the play. Against the Dons I think he took the line on once and that was close to our line and he lost the ball. Result a try against us. His kicking yesterday was not what you would expect from an experienced captain. Only my opinion and its early days but he looks jaded to me, none of his old spark. Get henson and marwood on the bench and get them both on at once. Nothing to lose and Blain never lets us down.

Bit harsh on Jamie in my opinion. Yes his kicking wasn’t the best yesterday but he certainly was trying to take the line on. He’s involved in some way in most of our tries with his passing. The thing with Jamie is other teams are aware of what he brings to our play and they will be marking him closely, his challenge is to overcome that which to a great extent he does with his distribution as long as he has got people running the right lines. We are still a work in progress, have won 4 out of 5, which in all honesty should have been 5 out of 5 and we haven’t really got out of 2nd gear. Let’s hope we start to click because I’m sure there is a lot more to come from this squad. UTT

Delighted with the win , but obviously need to work on catching high balls , our left side defence , and the way we seem to kick early in the set sometimes , in about 3/4 cases yesterday we kicked on 3rd tackle into their 20 , but immediately gave a penalty away and piggy backed them up the field where they twice scored tries  .

1 hour ago, maripins said:

Actually i was meaning another halfback to partner Jamie. It's hard to knock Buffer, he gives his all and does a solid job but he's been quiet in every game i've seen and at the moment you wouldn't pick him for his goalkicking even though he tends to come up with the goods when needed. I would try Dec at half and Marwood on the bench, even for one game .  Sounds like Gabe is struggling for a couple of weeks so  switch Ethan and Brad , although you still get plenty of kicks to field on the wing you aren't as exposed.

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Actually i was meaning another halfback to partner Jamie. It's hard to knock Buffer, he gives his all and does a solid job but he's been quiet in every game i've seen and at the moment you wouldn't pick him for his goalkicking even though he tends to come up with the goods when needed. I would try Dec at half and Marwood on the bench, even for one game .  Sounds like Gabe is struggling for a couple of weeks so  switch Ethan and Brad , although you still get plenty of kicks to field on the wing you aren't as exposed.

Been a fan of Buffer for a long time but we were just saying yesterday how he seems to be just going through motions, seems to be catch and pass all the time which is very easy to defend against, might be Chris's instructions but for mine he  needs to take line on more which if nothing else would make oposition re think their defensive pattern

Cant see why we need to change much. Won 4 from 5. Should have been 5 from 5 as said earlier. So why ring the changes?

Agree some lads needs game time. But shouldn't see wholesale changes IMO. I'd like to see wilson or Goulding off the Bench this week. 

Did Jamie not get the MOTM so can't be much wrong there . And he certainly draws the line before he passes the ball . I don't think there will be many changes on Sunday . Coventry won there last home match against Rochdale So there no mugs on there own pitch .  And with such a small league you can't afford to lose to many games . 

Archived