More World Cup partners come on board

Another coup for the World Cup with Britvic and two huge brands in PepsiMax and Gatorade getting involved:

Pepsi MAX® and Gatorade® become the Official Soft Drink and Official Sports Drink of RLWC2021
The brands will receive sales and marketing rights for the tournament, including tickets, experiential and social activation, as well as providing hydration for all players, officials, volunteers and staff at RLWC2021.

https://www.rlwc2021.com/article/304/pepsi-max®-and-gatorade®-become-the-official-soft-drink-and-official-sports-drink-of-rlwc2021

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two great brands to bring on board, though i do wonder if its a bit too close to the start of the tournament to be able to fully benefit from such a partnership.

I'd guess any major spend for 2021, for any marketing activations, would have been allocated a while ago. Maybe someone with a better knowledge on such things can offer greater insight.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just two more being added to an already impressive list of sponsors signing on for the RLWC:

• Cazoo : Paid 7 figure sum to be principal partner and have shown they have plenty of cash to splash, through their sponsorships of Aston Villa F.C. and Everton F.C
  • Kuehne + Nagel : Just a small transport & logistics company that averages around 17bn in revenue per year.
  • Kappa : Multinational sports brand.  Averages around 300m per year in revenue.
  • New Era : Possibly the largest sports cap brand in the world, average over $1bn in revenue per year, has licensing agreements with the likes of the MLB, NFL & NBA.
  • Deloitte : Just a small consulting business with annual revenues just under $50bn annually.

Even the likes of Assura, Evershelds Sutherland & Manchester Metro Uni aren't nothing partners either. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

This is so heartwarming. It absolutely goes to show that major brands are happy to align themselves to Rugby League when we create a professional and exciting competition... before even a minute has been played.

From the launch of the event, the draw at Buc Palace, the announcement of the venues on the BBC, the website and the social media coverage, literally everything has been done right.  And these are the rewards.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The 2013 WC was fantastic, everything points to 2017 to be as good, if not better, hats off to everybody involved

Now - can those people sort out the years in between world cups now 🙂

I predict we’ll lose narrowly to Australia in the final 

For me, this is another endorsement for taking the international game seriously. No global brands are going to take a regional sport seriously (unless they're based in those regions), but if there's a thriving international game then there's lots of opportunities to attract these high-level partnerships.

55 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The 2013 WC was fantastic, everything points to 2017 to be as good, if not better, hats off to everybody involved

Now - can those people sort out the years in between world cups now 🙂

I’m looking forward to the Hull v Wigan challenge cup final too, my prediction 18-14 to FC. 

PEPSI MAX is an interesting one as they have been advertising at Super League matches this season (I know as my wife did the deal) seems that this is with Britvic who are the distributer Pepsi is a strange one as the company has a budget and also the distributor has a budget as a separate entity.

Getting Britvic on board is a coup as they are traditionally quite conservative when it comes to sport only other sponsorship I can ever remember is Essex CCC who were once nearby to their HQ.

All good stuff

Paul

21 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

It will all be meaningless if the WC is not won by Fiji or PNG.

Is Papua New Guinea a strategic market for Pepsi MAX and Gatorade?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Why?

Because the English fans are tired of and depressed by Australia winning all the time, They all know that England will not win it. They will be somewhat pleased if they can receive the crumbs of a Kiwi win. However if the impoverished Third World underdogs PNG or Fiji win, the English fans will be ecstatic.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

It will all be meaningless if the WC is not won by Fiji or PNG.

I hope Italy win it, then at least one actual Italian might be encouraged to start playing the game, and in time there might even be a team formed in Italy. 

2 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Because the English fans are tired of and depressed by Australia winning all the time, They all know that England will not win it. They will be rather pleased if they can receive the crumbs of a Kiwi win. However if the Third World underdogs PNG or Fiji win, the English fans will be ecstatic.

Unless they beat England in the final 

5 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Because the English fans are tired of and depressed by Australia winning all the time, They all know that England will not win it. They will be rather pleased if they can receive the crumbs of a Kiwi win. However if the Third World underdogs PNG or Fiji win, the English fans will be ecstatic.

Are you a professional motivational speaker?

Archived