Sat 5 - Sun 6 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 5th JUNE
West Wales Raiders v Barrow Raiders KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

SUNDAY 6th JUNE 
Doncaster v London Skolars KO 15:00
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00
North Wales Crusaders v Coventry Bears KO 14:30 (OurLeague)
Workington Town v Keighley Cougars KO 14:00

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

West Wales Raiders 0-72 Barrow Raiders 

Doncaster 36-10 London Skolars 
Hunslet 22-20 Rochdale Hornets 
North Wales Crusaders 28-16 Coventry Bears 
Workington Town 26-22 Keighley Cougars  

I Don't see a 0-72  at WWR but a convincing 10-54 maybe. 

32 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

Looks like fans are being allowed back into the stadiums in Wales........from Monday.

I've bought my Our League pass now.

Would have been a great day out had the trains been running all the way from Cov to Colwyn Bay. 

On 03/06/2021 at 10:27, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 5th JUNE
West Wales Raiders v Barrow Raiders KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

SUNDAY 6th JUNE 
Doncaster v London Skolars KO 15:00
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00
North Wales Crusaders v Coventry Bears KO 14:30 (OurLeague)
Workington Town v Keighley Cougars KO 14:00

Barrow

Skolars

Rochdale

North Wales

Town

Fourth away game in a row for London which will be tough. Getting my second vaccination this weekend or would have gone.

Barrow to win easily. Rochdale and Town. Think it will be close in North Wales but I’m going for Bears. 

SATURDAY 5th JUNE
West Wales Raiders v Barrow Raiders

SUNDAY 6th JUNE 
Doncaster v London Skolars 
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets 
North Wales Crusaders v Coventry Bears
Workington Town v Keighley Cougars

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

43 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

SATURDAY 5th JUNE
West Wales Raiders v Barrow Raiders

SUNDAY 6th JUNE 
Doncaster v London Skolars 
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets 
North Wales Crusaders v Coventry Bears
Workington Town v Keighley Cougars

My picks too.

19 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Barrow 

Doncaster 

Rochdale 

Bears 🐻

Workington 

great win for the bears last week & the highlight tries looked great - are they all bears players, or were any on loan? (if they were any on loan, what clubs did they come from?)

Im not having a dig - i’m just intrigued as bears look to have really stepped up this year & wondered what the strength in depth of current squad is.

1 hour ago, dead man inc said:

great win for the bears last week & the highlight tries looked great - are they all bears players, or were any on loan? (if they were any on loan, what clubs did they come from?)

Im not having a dig - i’m just intrigued as bears look to have really stepped up this year & wondered what the strength in depth of current squad is.

I'm not totally sure but I think only Bradley Ho (Bradford) and AJ Towse (York) are with us on loan.

We've got at least one key player out with injury and there was a small shake-up this week so squad depth is impressive.

56 minutes ago, IM2 said:

what a statement for the league it would be if Skolars and the Bears win

I've seen the 2 squads for Sunday's game at the Keepmoat and Skolars would have to play extraordinarily well and have a bit of luck. It's possible but a big ask.

1 hour ago, dead man inc said:

Just Bradley Ho (from Bradford) on loan for the season. AJ Towse from York but he wasn't in the team last week. 

Most of the players were signed before last season which obviously was interupted due to Covid. There was also a change of coaching structure with Rich Squires head coach and Dave Scott assistant coach doing a great job. It also slipped under the radar but the Bears made a lot of very good signings who have a lot of experience; Liam and Matty Welham, Chris Cullimore and Dave Scott amongst others

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

It also slipped under the radar but the Bears made a lot of very good signings who have a lot of experience; Liam and Matty Welham, Chris Cullimore and Dave Scott amongst others

Are these players that have recent left SL/Champ/disbanded reserves/academies (apologies for my ignorance) & are they at uni in Coventry?

Archived