Sat 5 - Sun 6 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

What is happening with Miloudi at Barrow anyone?  He played, then was bench, then not selected.  

Got injured mate, just had surgery & expected back in several weeks 

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Isn't it just! All I need to know now is what the parking's like and how long it'll take to get to Colwyn Bay from Wrexham (not a hint, honest guv!)

It takes about 45 minutes Steve. I had a run out last month to have a look. There’s plenty of parking at the ground so we should be ok.

4 hours ago, dead man inc said:

Doncaster 12-12 Skolars at half time.

Well that went pear shaped very quickly 🤣 Doncaster 46-12 Skolars FT. Doncaster looked really good and for the 1st half hour Skolars played really well and were 12-0 up, unfortunately Skolars just not at that level to sustain it & with a couple of injuries pushing players out of position they could not cope with a Doncaster team just too strong, well organised & skilled. Good size crowd & great stadium.

13 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Well that went pear shaped very quickly 🤣 Doncaster 46-12 Skolars FT. Doncaster looked really good and for the 1st half hour Skolars played really well and were 12-0 up, unfortunately Skolars just not at that level to sustain it & with a couple of injuries pushing players out of position they could not cope with a Doncaster team just too strong, well organised & skilled. Good size crowd & great stadium.

We do seem to lose composure when we lose a player or something goes against us but sounds like a lot of positives to take from the game and was fourth away game in a row. 

3 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

Quite happy tbh. I've not seen Barrow yet but I think Workington and Doncaster are head and shoulders above the rest.

I think weve showed about 50% of our capability so far tbh. 

18 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Thanks for that. We lost our 2 best props (Peltier and Mudoti). Hope everyone is ok.

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I think weve showed about 50% of our capability so far tbh. 

Think we've got more to come too. We've both got a lot to look forward to imho. Johnston finally started today and looks a genuine attacking threat. With Taulapapa at full back we're struggling to fit Boas in. Nice problem to have.

10 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Honestly think we've the best backs in league one. Smeaton and Tali are red hot in centres ATM.

Beharell will be league one player of year. Seriously.

The backs looked particularly good today 👏 Even in 1st half when Skolars were playing well & winning the Doncaster backs looked dangerous - i was genuinely surprised how good Skolars defence against them had been for the first 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

Thanks for that. We lost our 2 best props (Peltier and Mudoti). Hope everyone is ok.

When you look at Barrow playing without starting 17 players like Dallimore, both the Walne Brothers, Ryan Shaw, Hakim Maloudi, who will all be back over the next several weeks, they will only get better too. Could be a very good second half to their season too. Looks like 3 serious contenders up to press, the others are all looking a bit off the pace at the moment. 

18 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

Honestly think we've the best backs in league one. Smeaton and Tali are red hot in centres ATM.

Beharell will be league one player of year. Seriously.

Have you seen Tee Ritson?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived