Sun 6 Jun: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/21 at 14:30

HT  12 - 8 to Wakefield

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

First and foremost Leigh have to beat themselves before they can beat any opposition, just simply far to many mistakes and a lot of them unforced errors. Leigh are very obliging in that they will invite anyone to take advantage of their many misdemeanours,all the effort in the world is there from the lads on the field but injuries have decryed them a bit of grunt up front hence Westerman and Fiffita had very good games and for me were the difference in the teams, that and Leigh keep giving them the to ball to have another go.

Wakey deserved winners for keeping their composure and taking the opportunities presented to them much better than Leigh did.

Leigh's starting 13 today wasn't too bad but bench wasn't strong.

When Flower, Peteru and Sidlow return they are going to have a much stronger pack and a better bench. Good effort today they need to keep up their spirits and await better fortune.

Phew !! Leigh were the best side for large parts of that game and Wakey really had to pull the stops out to win and put the game beyond doubt with about 4 minutes to go. Win is a win though .

However if leigh get some players back and play that style of rugby, they still may win a couple of games. Liked the Leigh no13 Bell

That was a tough game for Wakefield.  Missed chances looked like they would be costly and the number of errors were reminiscent of Wakefield's early season games but fortunately not now against top opposition.

What a relief when Lino danced under the sticks to give us a 10 point cushion with <5 mins to go.  Another faultless conversion full set too.  Priceless today.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

The Leigh bench being 2 hookers , 1 half back and a second rower 

Looked to handle the hot and humid conditions better than the bigger Wakefield pack though?  Wakefield not helped in that department when they lost Tanganoa early doors with a bad leg injury.  He did keep hold of the ball though when he went down. 😉

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

The Leigh bench being 2 hookers , 1 half back and a second rower 

2 hookers, 1 halfback and 1 utility back actually. No forwards at all on the bench. Although Mullen did have to play in the middle for his stint.

29 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Looked to handle the hot and humid conditions better than the bigger Wakefield pack though?  Wakefield not helped in that department when they lost Tanganoa early doors with a bad leg injury.  He did keep hold of the ball though when he went down. 😉

A twisted ankle is not an Achilles is it.

6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

A twisted ankle is not an Achilles is it.

Just trying to keep it topical. 😇

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Stupid post. So any coach who loses to Leigh has to go, I don’t think so. Leigh will win games this season, shock horror.

You can count Chester’s wins from the last twenty odd, possible more, games on one hand. He should be under immense pressure on a weekly basis and a defeat today should have put his job under serious pressure. 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You can count Chester’s wins from the last twenty odd, possible more, games on one hand. He should be under immense pressure on a weekly basis and a defeat today should have put his job under serious pressure. 

I can tell you now it wouldn’t have and anyone who knows the club knows that. Chester is not bulletproof but it would take a hell of a lot more than a loss to a pretty decent Leigh team for the axe to fall.

13 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

By my reckoning they have 6 wins from their last 14 competitive games. (Winning three of the final four of last season.)

You might be able to count his wins from the last twenty odd on one hand but I certainly can't.

Not watched the game as I have just come back from Portugal but my predicted Avalanche didn't happen so fair play.

A better attacking display it seems and some more composure could have got us there.

Keep it going and that win will come !

Archived