Sun 6 Jun: 1895 Cup SF: Featherstone Rovers v Widnes Vikings KO 16:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/21 at 15:30

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Just said to Richard that my levels of frustration and Blood Pressure are through the f'in roof.

My heart is bangin.

The language in this caravan has been most profane!

Enjoy a glass of wine tonight! 

Sure I saw Vausey at the end too?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Both York and Fev can play a lot better than they did today. Not the first time I've seen Fev this season look rather less than the sum of their parts. I suppose it's a mark of a good team to win even when you don't play well.

10 minutes ago, JonM said:

Both York and Fev can play a lot better than they did today. Not the first time I've seen Fev this season look rather less than the sum of their parts. I suppose it's a mark of a good team to win even when you don't play well.

They looked like an uncoached rabble with good players. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

19 minutes ago, JonM said:

AND with so many injured players out.

I couldn't give a flying monkeys how we played today. 

Fev are at Wembley and it's a dream come true. 

It was too good to be true at 16 - 0 and I thought that try on half time killed the game off, but Widnes kept coming back. Not sure how we won, but i'd take a similar win in any sort of occasion.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

I couldn't give a flying monkeys how we played today. 

Fev are at Wembley and it's a dream come true. 

It was too good to be true at 16 - 0 and I thought that try on half time killed the game off, but Widnes kept coming back. Not sure how we won, but i'd take a similar win in any sort of occasion.

Great atmosphere but with a touch of nerves lol.

First of all well done to the Widnes supporters for creating a great cup-tie atmosphere, and your players who gave everything today, that made it a bit too close for my heart rate. Well done Fev cup-tie rugby is result first and see you at Wembley.

3 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Saw a tweet about stuff being thrown from the stands? Hope that's not the case. Good to see Fev back at Wembley. Should be a good final.

We were sat in the main stand but didn't see anyone throwing anything or noticed it anywhere else in ground.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

We were sat in the main stand but didn't see anyone throwing anything or noticed it anywhere else in ground.

When Halton scored one can was "thrown" onto the pitch but it didn't appear to be thrown at anybody as it landed nowhere near anyone. It may have just gone up as arms went up to celebrate the try.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Never thought I would see Featherstone play at Wembley again so very pleased about that. If we were going there to play for an empty Bean Can it is still Wembley. I went in 67, 73, 74 and 83 so it will still be special to go there again. As for today, 16 nil up after 12 minutes, another try we thought would be enough, but Widnes were very worthy Semi Final opponents who were in it right to the end. But down the years we have lost many a Cup Tie to Widnes, so it is great to win one against them at last.

9 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

But down the years we have lost many a Cup Tie to Widnes, so it is great to win one against them at last.

Fev have played Widnes 15 times in various cups since WW2, and this was the second time you've won one.  (I couldn't remember us losing a cup game at Fev previously, but when I looked it up, it was when I was in Australia).

Archived