Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Hull FC v St Helens KO 14:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 14:00

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Percival for Saints but the backline looks far more balanced with Makinson and Grace returning.

If we face the Hull FC who played last week, I'd be very happy! If, more realistically, we face the FC who played Wigan in the cup, then it's too close to call!

I'm confident that we won't be as bad as we were last week, although that's not asking much.

Whether we can actually win I just don't know. I'm trying to be optimistic but I just don't know if our attack is good enough to score the 20+ points we will need. I'm confident in our defence doing a decent job, our completion rate needs to be much better but I think it will be. I just don't know if we quite have the cutting edge. 

Connor is key imo. Even a team like Saints won't have an answer if he's at his very best, but can he find one of those performances? And can we give him the field position to do it?

Head says Saints by something like 24-16, but heart says we have a chance if we play smart and take our chances.

Getting 2 wingers back is a big boost, particularly Makinson who is a great returner of the ball, and i'm sure he would have taken some of the chances Naquaima butchered last week.

Hull cant be that bad again, can they ? but still think Saints will take this one

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think this will be a comfortable win for the Saints, building on last week’s performance. Better across the park. Will still will be decked out in irregular black and white wool whatever the mercury level. FC need to find their inner Crane.

Hull for me, they will not be as bad as they were last week andb their fans will be present and that is a diffrence maker. For sure St Helens are the most consistent side in Super League and the benchamrk club but this is not a vintage St Helens side compared to their predecessors. Hull by 6

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hull were poor last outing and game before against Leeds they gave easy yards and Leeds played long periods in their last 10/20.  Surprised as I expected Hull forwards to dominant but they struggle against light weight Leeds forwards.

So on paper for me its Saints but... its challenge cup and so many variables come into it besides whose the better team on paper or form book... 

Hull have to be consistently good from the word go.  Good kick and chase, strong defence and complete sets.  If they can do that they can win.  

Disappointed for Cater missing out as he’s been a breath of fresh air.  Crane comes back into the side so all good 😀

23 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Hull have to be consistently good from the word go.  Good kick and chase, strong defence and complete sets.  If they can do that they can win.  

Disappointed for Cater missing out as he’s been a breath of fresh air.  Crane comes back into the side so all good 😀

I'm just hoping Hull pass the ball to a bloke in the same colour shirt this week.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Paasi out for Saints and Norman to make his debut. Makinson and Grace both fit but Percival out too.

We are a little light on the bench today and I've no doubt Hull will take us on up the middle primarily.

Huge opportunity for Norman, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Weather and pitch conditions look great. Both teams having a good hard dig at each other.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

According to the commentators, there's an angry bloke outside the stadium with a "sort out the PTB" banner. No prizes for guessing which TRL member that is... :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sounds like @unapologetic pedanthas taken his play the ball banner into the ground today.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

First points for HFC, with a Sneeeeeeeeeyd penalty.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Did ref Liam Moore just say play had to halt because Jordan Lane was “D.U.I.”...?

What is D.U.I. an acronym for these days?   I thought that was “Driving Under the Influence”? (No Hardaker Jokes please! - genuine question!)

Young Mister Grace somersaults in for the first try of the match.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived