Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Hull FC v St Helens KO 14:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

It was unsportsmanlike and gives ammo against the game but let's discuss that once the game has finished.

Fair enough, but then we need clearly defined criterion as to what is and isn’t sportsmanship. It’s subjective, and us fans aren’t qualified to define it.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DavidM said:

What if a player gets terrible cramp and screams in pain and throws the ball away ? Fages can’t diagnose an injury can he , the ball is there and he picks it up , the ball is live 

Players know when something is serious, you often see them, the opposition, call to the ref to stop play.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The ball was live and in play and no, Fages can't diagnose an injury and obviously he is in the moment and didn't break any rules by scoring but I think it's interesting how every other player on the field could see what had happened and stopped playing. A number of Saints players quickly went over to Griffin to see if he was okay. Fages did not have to put the ball down. 

Just now, Cheshire Setter said:

Fair enough, but then we need clearly defined criterion as what is and isn’t sportsmanship. It’s subjective, and us fans aren’t qualified to define it.

Honestly I don't think there is a rule anymore on that. Does "ungentlemanly conduct" still exist within the rules of the game? Right thing would have been to have allowed 6 for Hull and we wouldn't be discussing this.

Looks like Connor came off pretty badly in that collision. If he can't play on, HFC could be in serious trouble.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Honestly I don't think there is a rule anymore on that. Does "ungentlemanly conduct" still exist within the rules of the game? Right thing would have been to have allowed 6 for Hull and we wouldn't be discussing this.

It still exists, and is a penalty offence.

MISCONDUCT

Definition of misconduct 1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(i) behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The ball was live and in play and no, Fages can't diagnose an injury and obviously he is in the moment and didn't break any rules by scoring but I think it's interesting how every other player on the field could see what had happened and stopped playing. A number of Saints players quickly went over to Griffin to see if he was okay. Fages did not have to put the ball down. 

Do you think a vast majority of players , and ex players , when that ball falls at their feet near the line is automatically picking it up and scoring ?

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do you think a vast majority of players , and ex players , when that ball falls at their feet near the line is automatically picking it up and scoring ?

No, I think they would put the ball out of play and immediately go buy the injured player a get well soon card and a big box of chocolates. 

1 minute ago, Rob Nash said:

Ok. That being said, is it specifically defined?

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

It still exists, and is a penalty offence.

MISCONDUCT

Definition of misconduct 1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(i) behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game.

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

No, I think they would put the ball out of play and immediately go buy the injured player a get well soon card and a big box of chocolates. 

This should be in the laws of the game immediately 

Meanwhile, back at the actual game, St Helens have scored and converted - Hull FC 2:20 St Helens.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived