Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 16:30

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Powell has gambled by resting several players, last season Warrington did the same before losing to SRD, so it doesn't always pay off. It will be down to motivation and the coaches are key to that. 

Steve Price’s teams seem to perform better in key matches when they’re the underdog.

Since Warrington will be expected to win easily on Sunday it sets things up for a shock loss or a very tight victory.   Could come down to a golden point drop goal, which sets up the fairytale  for Gareth O’Brien.

23-22 to either team is my prediction. Hope both semi-finals are classic matches.

Castleford have already beaten Warrington this season and if it came soley down to coaching. Castleford would win particularily after being spnked at Wheldon Road by Leeds you would expect a reaction.

This may surprise some posters, but if you had to ask me who was the best team on paper in Super League it would be Warrington Wolves when they click as a unit. They will give you 2 games out of 4 under Price that's why while they may be the best side on paper,. St Helens are the most consistent side. So as far as I am concerned this game will depend on which Warrington Wolves team turns up.

The closer the score as the game wears on the more likely a Castleford win. If Warrington jump to an early 18 point lead then it could turn ugly for Castleford.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Castleford beat us convincingly on the first day of the season, and were much closer than the final scoreline showed a couple of weeks ago (nip and tuck for the first hour). It will be a tough game this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

This may surprise some posters, but if you had to ask me who was the best team on paper in Super League it would be Warrington Wolves when they click as a unit. They will give you 2 games out of 4 under Price that's why while they may be the best side on paper,. St Helens are the most consistent side. So as far as I am concerned this game will depend on which Warrington Wolves team turns up.

Pretty much nailed it there.   

You have to ask: is Castleford's name on the trophy ?

Came back from the dead to win in golden point at Hull KR and also defeated Salford in golden point.

Forget the last 3 games, they want to go back to Wembley in Powell's last year and he took them there in his first.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

‘ ( insert team ) looks up for this ‘ after 2 or 3 minutes must be the most useless commentary line ever but it gets used a lot 

What do you want him to say "looks like [insert team] can't be @r$3d today".

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ah don’t get sore , you’ll get over Saints winning 

What is the price of fish?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I've never really understood the comment when asked should a penalty shot for goal be taken "yes, it's a cup game". Is there a different method for winning a cup and league game?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I've never really understood the comment when asked should a penalty shot for goal be taken "yes, it's a cup game". Is there a different method for winning a cup and league game?

You can lose a game and still win the league, lose one game you are out of the cup.

8 point try that, head tackle while scoring.

Just now, Padge said:

You can lose a game and still win the league, lose one game you are out of the cup.

That doesn't make any sense. Surely you would do anything you can to win a league game as well.

Are you saying that they decide not to make the best decision to win a game when it is in the league?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived