Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 16:30

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warrington forwards in the first half were out-muscled  and out enthused. Plus the fact the some of them had no intention of doing some of the clearing of their line. Having Charnley on the wing doesn't help matters, he's going through a bad time.

26 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You sound like my English teacher 

I usually read Manfred's posts with this voice in my head.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

54 minutes ago, Padge said:

True, but they were still in front.

I don't think the same tactics that Cas used first half will work against Saints, Powell needs to bolster the defence.

Get onto the face of Saints pack.   

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Get onto the face of Saints pack.   

That's what Catalan did.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Got to hand it to cas they did a right job on wire. They can only beat what is in front of them and today there was very little. Think the wire season is done because I cant see Simms and the rest of the departing coaching staff having the incentive to turn things around.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

At least Warrington fans can look forward to 2022, when they will acquire a very good coach in Darryl Powell.

Incidentally, Powell, who has represented Great Britain as a player, also has extensive experience as a player in Australia. 

You don't say, but is that as important as the fact he started his coaching career at the Cougar's just like Jason Demetrieu who will be coaching the Rabbitohs next season.

58 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Great win.  Even better when you backed Jordan Turner 3 tries at 125/1.  Cheers bet 365 and your random pricing 😆

Yeah we believe you. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

At least Warrington fans can look forward to 2022, when they will acquire a very good coach in Darryl Powell.

Incidentally, Powell, who has represented Great Britain as a player, also has extensive experience as a player in Australia. 

Manfred you disappoint me, I have totally agreed with 2 posts on Powell and Warrington I need to have a word with myself. 

1 hour ago, Padge said:

That's what Catalan did.

This is a very good point, Padge.  I actually thought that Cas's style of play in the first half was very reminiscent of Les Dracs' for the full eighty against Wigan.  On the occasion of that defeat, you noted that, as a Wigan fan, the result disappointed you, but as a fan of RL, you were pleased with it.  I thought that was spot on.

I felt re-enthused for our sport by Les Dracs against both Saints and Wigan and today by Castleford; that is how the game is surely meant to be played, at least when the weather permits.

When Catalans beat the Wire at Wembley, there were many Dragons' 'fans for a day'.  I have no doubt there will be many Tigers' 'fans for a day' come 17th July, me amongst them.  That will largely be an instinctive preference for the underdog, but also a recognition of how often we see a Saints' display that is, technically, outstandingly good (and hence brings victory), but is rather turgid as a spectacle.

Avoided the result and just watched it back after being out all day.

Thought that was a really ballsy performance by Cas for a cup semi-final. Warrington clearly expected the typical forward battle up the middle for such occasions but Daryl Powell had another ideas.

Steve Price had a look on his face like a slapped harris.

Just finished watching both semi finals and the women’s CC Final this morning.  Some cracking rugby in all games.  Even with 5 minutes to go in the Cas match I thought we might still blow it.

Now it’s dinner time so off to make a sausage sizzle ….. oeeer missus!

That was a brilliant tactical game from Cas.  Wire certainly kept them working though and started the game well by putting pressure on and could have been first on the scoreboard but for losing possession over the line. Regan Grace is going to love the size of the wembley pitch....

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

17 games,extensive ??

Archived