Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 16:30

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/06/2021 at 18:48, Live after death said:

Can’t believe I am saying this but reckon Cas will win, a drubbing the week before means nothing, players can easily turn that around if they had their eye in the big semi final the week before.

Called it. The history of the game is littered with similar Jeckal and hide performances like this. 

First 10 to 15 minutes was fairly even then Wire had an incredibly close no try decison.  If only perhaps.  Then 2nd half come back was stopped in its tracks by a poor play close to their own line and bingo another Cas try.    If teams dont give themselves a chance, they are not going to win.  And of course a Wire player in the sin bin. How many tries given away there.

Were Cas better? Yes.  I hope they go in to win final.  I was rooting for them in the semi.   

Enjoyed the way that Castleford played yesterday. Great to see a side play with ambition and enterprise in a big game and be rewarded for it.

I anticipate that they will do the same in the final as this would give them the best chance.

A thoroughly deserved win. Showed Powell to be a shrewd coach too in how he targeted Warrington's poor edge defence.

21 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Enjoyed the way that Castleford played yesterday. Great to see a side play with ambition and enterprise in a big game and be rewarded for it.

I anticipate that they will do the same in the final as this would give them the best chance.

A thoroughly deserved win. Showed Powell to be a shrewd coach too in how he targeted Warrington's poor edge defence.

If a team does something different to today's "standard" type of play it throws the defensive patterns into a tizzy, Mr Powell rolled back the years to the game he played and kept the ball moving with first and second phase attack, Wire just couldn't comprehend the movement of the ball so defenders were guessing and jumping the line creating gaping holes, rugby league is a very simple game when played correctly it's just some like to try to over complicate it, just listen and watch Jon Wells summarising it all sounds pretty good but it can all be simply broken down to basic simple movements.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I agree with the former, the latter has no defence capabilities.

Hmmm, looked up his tackle stats and he's 84.7 which is up there with the likes of gagai, bradman best, zak lomax, campbell graham (also 84.7%), etc. Obviously thats just one aspect of defence but its difficult to assess others when you don't see many game - maybe you watch every Broncos game?

31 minutes ago, TBone said:

Hmmm, looked up his tackle stats and he's 84.7 which is up there with the likes of gagai, bradman best, zak lomax, campbell graham (also 84.7%), etc. Obviously thats just one aspect of defence but its difficult to assess others when you don't see many game - maybe you watch every Broncos game?

Only what's on TV at a reasonable time after 7 a.m. I watch him quite closely for the obvious reason there are those who suggest he is a shoe-in for an England shirt, I think he will graduate to be a good player in time, but he does - in my opinion - have some defensive frailty's in his game, he will get there but his time has not come yet, as I say my opinion.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only what's on TV at a reasonable time after 7 a.m. I watch him quite closely for the obvious reason there are those who suggest he is a shoe-in for an England shirt, I think he will graduate to be a good player in time, but he does - in my opinion - have some defensive frailty's in his game, he will get there but his time has not come yet, as I say my opinion.

Having watched every Broncos game this year I cannot state definitively one way or the other whether Farnworth is a poor defender.  He is playing for the team with the worst defensive record in the league and even the very best defender would struggle to stand out.

My instinct when I watch him is that he is better than most of the rest of the Broncos.

If you can post some clips where he is the weak link and has read the game completely wrong then that would be useful (although I am sure that every centre makes poor defensive reads every now and again).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

18 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If a team does something different to today's "standard" type of play it throws the defensive patterns into a tizzy, Mr Powell rolled back the years to the game he played and kept the ball moving with first and second phase attack, Wire just couldn't comprehend the movement of the ball so defenders were guessing and jumping the line creating gaping holes, rugby league is a very simple game when played correctly it's just some like to try to over complicate it, just listen and watch Jon Wells summarising it all sounds pretty good but it can all be simply broken down to basic simple movements.

That tactic certainly took Wire by surprise, but in winning the game that way they've shown their hand now so its doubtful it will work again in the final. Wire failed to adjust their defensive structure and switch from a condensed flat line to using something like an umbrella defensive structure which naturally shuts down that style of play. So as good a tactic as it was from Cas it was poor from Price to not try to nullify it in the 2nf half. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Don't think I said it the other day, was watching the game in the pub - but well done Cas, thought your team did a great job, hope you enjoy Wembley and I'll certainly be cheering you on for a win.

Anyone seen the clip "The video that's worth a thousand words" on Facebook?

It shows Mike Cooper leaving the field after being substituted. I don't think he has much respect for his coach.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Anyone seen the clip "The video that's worth a thousand words" on Facebook?

It shows Mike Cooper leaving the field after being substituted. I don't think he has much respect for his coach.

Typed it in but nothing came up.  Have you got a link?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I must admit, doesn't look much in it to me, just watched it in real time. It looks like there wasn't a load of space and they were talking to each other as it happened.

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit, doesn't look much in it to me, just watched it in real time. It looks like there wasn't a load of space and they were talking to each other as it happened.

Yeap,not much in that for me,that FB page do tend to overdramatise things and yet some posters take it as gospel.

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I thought at the time when I saw it that Cooper deliberately barged into Price.  Not a lot of force but a deliberate act.  You can see from Price's reaction that he thought it was deliberate as well.

It's just not something that a player should do to a coach, whatever the circumstances and it didn't look good.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 hours ago, DavidM said:

I remember seeing that and thought nothing of it . Slowed down to the extreme is completely different if you’re determined to make something of it

Maybe I am?. What’s it to you?.

Oh I see what you mean it’s so easy to get confused. 🤔

Archived