More live Super League on Sky Sports Youtube channel

The next game that sky sports are streaming live on youtube has been announced, Castleford v Hull FC next week.

I notice that the last one (Leeds v Wakefield) has now been viewed about 27,000 times, more than most livestreams for other sports on there have been.

Spread the word! Make sure as many people as possible know about it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Something to re-Tweet

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Something to re-Tweet

245,000 followers on the SL Twitter, that has been retweeted 6 times in total.....

Herein lies the problem. 

We are a quite, modest sport, followed by quite, modest people for the most part, when so many other sports are not. The thing is, with these virtues, it's gonna hurt us badly in this different, modern era. 

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

245,000 followers on the SL Twitter, that has been retweeted 6 times in total.....

Herein lies the problem. 

We are a quite, modest sport, followed by quite, modest people for the most part, when so many other sports are not. The thing is, with these virtues, it's gonna hurt us badly in this different, modern era. 

Not much pointing RTing now. The key time is just before and then during the game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Herein lies the problem. 

Never understood why RL fans are so poor at liking or RT stuff on Twitter. Other than #BBCRL CC (where we have trended in UK) very few people seem to ever interact. 

48 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Never understood why RL fans are so poor at liking or RT stuff on Twitter. Other than #BBCRL CC (where we have trended in UK) very few people seem to ever interact. 

You'll see many more likes and RTs on negative stories.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

You'll see many more likes and RTs on negative stories.

That’s true. But you’d think loads of people would be retweeting about voting for the Rob Burrows TV programme for example today. It’s not great for sponsors that fans don’t interact more. Suggests limited interest and reach. 

1 minute ago, EssexRL said:

That’s true. But you’d think loads of people would be retweeting about voting for the Rob Burrows TV programme for example today. It’s not great for sponsors that fans don’t interact more. Suggests limited interest and reach. 

I've seen that about from a few different places so I think that one's fine. 

Official and semi-official accounts not bothering to use a shared hashtag during games is the one that bugs me most.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Does the Super League or RFL ask everyone on their media list to do so?

19 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Official and semi-official accounts not bothering to use a shared hashtag during games is the one that bugs me most.

Yes agree! And everyone should use #RugbyLeague 

I was a bit disappointed by the viewing figures for the last match on You Tube, it wasn't much different to York v Wigan in the cup shown on The Sportsman. I would hope that the clubs, league and Sky push this more heavily this time.

9 hours ago, Chris22 said:

I was a bit disappointed by the viewing figures for the last match on You Tube, it wasn't much different to York v Wigan in the cup shown on The Sportsman. I would hope that the clubs, league and Sky push this more heavily this time.

Quite surprised by how low, in general, the Sky Sports YouTube figures are. We do well against most of them but they are pretty low.

6 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Just a little nudge for this one in case anyone had planned on banging the drum for it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Futtocks for pointing out on the match thread that Wigan v Huddersfield will be on the Sky Sports YouTube channel live. I'm just reposting here as this dedicated thread might pick up some people who haven't seen it there.

Let's see if we can spread the word and get decent viewing figures again. 

The Castleford v Hull FC match has been viewed over 45,000 times. This and the 28,000 for Leeds v Wakefield look to be the highest figures for live sport Sky have shown on YouTube.

15 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

These games are normally geoblocked by the way.

So fine if you live in England, but for those of us still in the EU... Forget it.

I think someone in Canada had made a similar comment about being geoblocked for the 1st match shown on YouTube.

I assume it will be available everywhere in the UK and not available anywhere else. Perhaps due to the terms of the Sky contract?

Archived