Toulouse

Blind side johnny

Read this through and note the final sentence: Toulouse Olympique versus Bradford Bulls cancelled (rugby-league.com)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Minimum game structure would stop tat happening.

70% of games played to qualify for playoffs , so promotion and relegation could still not happen this season .

48 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

70% of games played to qualify for playoffs , so promotion and relegation could still not happen this season .

That's the rule but despite what the SL numpties on main forum think NOTHINGS  changed  just forget about TO six english clubs will achieve 70% so playoffs will happen there will be a grand final and promotion from the championship to SL

still according to RFL  A top-six play-off leading up to the Million Pound Game will determine which Championship team earns promotion to Super League in 2022. .

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's the rule but despite what the SL numpties on main forum think NOTHINGS  changed  just forget about TO six english clubs will achieve 70% so playoffs will happen there will be a grand final and promotion from the championship to SL

still according to RFL  A top-six play-off leading up to the Million Pound Game will determine which Championship team earns promotion to Super League in 2022. .

"Clubs agreed prior to the season commencing to contest the Betfred Championship on a ‘points percentage’ basis due to the threat of postponements and cancellations presented by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The points percentage is calculated by the number of matches won by a club, divided by the number of matches played, multiplied by 100. 

Although clubs are required to have played 70% of their scheduled fixtures to be eligible for the play-offs, the RFL Board has previously ruled that Toulouse matches postponed as a result of the current quarantine regulations will not count as postponed for either Toulouse or their opponents. In this case, neither Toulouse nor Bradford will be penalised for circumstances beyond their control."

So Toulouse can still qualify no matter how many games they play so long as the others are postponed or cancelled.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

"Clubs agreed prior to the season commencing to contest the Betfred Championship on a ‘points percentage’ basis due to the threat of postponements and cancellations presented by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The points percentage is calculated by the number of matches won by a club, divided by the number of matches played, multiplied by 100. 

Although clubs are required to have played 70% of their scheduled fixtures to be eligible for the play-offs, the RFL Board has previously ruled that Toulouse matches postponed as a result of the current quarantine regulations will not count as postponed for either Toulouse or their opponents. In this case, neither Toulouse nor Bradford will be penalised for circumstances beyond their control."

So Toulouse can still qualify no matter how many games they play so long as the others are postponed or cancelled.

That's true BSJ just pointing out enough of us mere mortals would still qualify to make playoffs work

1 hour ago, POR said:

The desperation to get into SL and be  humiliated every week I don't get? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

39 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's better to have that desperation than settle for mid table obscurity

1 hour ago, POR said:

From that then, I take it that you would be comfortable with being humiliated most weeks and then kicked back down to join the mere mortals on here?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Some fans call it ambition; others see it as self-harm.

1 hour ago, POR said:

"Mid-table obscurity" - luxury!

48 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

From that then, I take it that you would be comfortable with being humiliated most weeks and then kicked back down to join the mere mortals on here?

Of course always enjoy my trips to BATLEY 😀

Personally couldn't care less what league FEV are in as long as my grandkids, grandkids, grandkids can watch them play at Post Office Road  👀

But having said that  E1.8 million in your back pocket  for a desperate season in SL will always come in  handy £££££££££££🤩

11 hours ago, POR said:

I find your blind faith in the promises made by the RFL quite endearing.

Although I do hope that Fev get their chance.

1 minute ago, gittinsfan said:

I find your blind faith in the promises made by the RFL quite endearing.Although I do hope that Fev get their chance.

NOT really I wouldn't believe the RFL if they told me POR today is called saturday and have no interest in anything they propose all I'M bothered about is watching FEV and owt else can look after itself

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some fans call it ambition; others see it as self-harm.

I'm on't ambition side. Sport is about competing, aiming to be the best. If you don't have the aim to win, why compete in't first place? 🤔

11 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

I'm on't ambition side. Sport is about competing, aiming to be the best. If you don't have the aim to win, why compete in't first place? 🤔

Of course that is what sport is all about. A club being promoted into a league for which they don't have the infrastructure or support is not the same as sport though, is it?

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Of course that is what sport is all about. A club being promoted into a league for which they don't have the infrastructure or support is not the same as sport though, is it?

Well it is sport, albeit somewhat unequal. 

Good, match def. is on.So get those tickets bought-get those Rams masks bought and get to the game.Toulouse are a great side but i expect the lads to match fire with fire.I don't think Dews .have ever beaten them. I am going to use a 4letter dirty word now- CASH. I suppose the bloke on the gate for the car park will take it. May be using some long grasping thing. HA!

Archived