Toulouse

Blind side johnny

9 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Usual inane childish comments from  you as you always do.But the scoreline might not show but the Rams tried there best but were no where good enough. I think in super league Toulouse would put up better show than Leigh. I still enjoyed the match and a couple of Taylors Lanlord after the match.

You're right, he's a very silly man!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, myview said:

Couldn’t get to the game and no team details anywhere. Anybody care to oblige and post them on here?. Reading comments posted so far, the team got stuck into opponents again but not quite good enough. Pity, - I’m aching for a win.

We are all aching for a win. A really good effort against a very good team. Lee can take a lot of positives out of the game,Alex Smith had a great game and scored a good try but unfortunately  had to be helped from the field,hopefully same injury that as kept him out for so long. Bailey Lui looked good today,along with Carr and Oakes .

I thought Smith was excellent today .... but for me Tom Garrett .. is our man of the season so far!! .. His stamina is amazing .. he did 75 mins today and never took a backward step!! .... I also think we missed a trick..Jason Walton should have run more at  Ford... he is class but not the best in defence... still wasn't it great to be back watching the game and seeing friends that we haven't seen for ages!!  ... great idea putting the tables out at the Amber Ribbon bar ... the beer and chat after the game.... priceless!! 

7 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I thought Smith was excellent today .... but for me Tom Garrett .. is our man of the season so far!! .. His stamina is amazing .. he did 75 mins today and never took a backward step!! .... I also think we missed a trick..Jason Walton should have run more at  Ford... he is class but not the best in defence... still wasn't it great to be back watching the game and seeing friends that we haven't seen for ages!!  ... great idea putting the tables out at the Amber Ribbon bar ... the beer and chat after the game.... priceless!! 

Fantastic , nice to hear , fun friends enjoyment back , good luck for the rest of the season well done all at dews😀😀😀

Toulouse were real quality and a pleasure to watch, if only it hadn't been against us! Their ability in broken play is second to none in this division and the match against Fev will be an interesting one with the teams having greatly contrasting styles. I also liked the way that all of the Toulouse team came across to the South Stand at the end to chat with our fans - a great example of excellent PR as well as genuine friendliness.

We can't complain about our performance either. Down to the bone and riddled with injuries the team put up a real effort and never stopped trying. Hawksworth looked like he could do a decent job and Smith looked promising, although a bit raw: I am hoping that his injury isn't as bad as it looked and that he gets some more experience of laying with the team; he can only improve by getting more game time. Garratt had a very good game, once again, but I worry that he is spending far too much time on the pitch and will burn out before long, when some other forwards only seemed to get 25 minutes. I like the look of Carr and Oakes didn't look out of place in the centres.

We can't hope for too much next week but will definitely be targeting the Oldham game.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Thought everyone put in a decent performance, but really liked the look of Lewis Carr.  Great potential there I think.  
Nice to see that last try coming through us keeping the ball alive….maybe we could do a bit more of that😉
Agree 100% with the comments about  Toulouse.  A massive unit that play rugby how I like to see it played.  Always a pleasure to watch and hopefully they will go all the way this year.  

15 hours ago, silcoates said:

Usual inane childish comments from  you as you always do.But the scoreline might not show but the Rams tried there best but were no where good enough. I think in super league Toulouse would put up better show than Leigh. I still enjoyed the match and a couple of Taylors Lanlord after the match.

As suffering from insane childalisum I resent my condition been associated with Piggy's mate🤔🤣🤣

The lads did well yesterday against a team we weren't expected to beat, I thought Alex Smith and Lewis Carr both looked good, hopefully we play them two more often, especially Smith, I think we could have our replacement for Finn or Sykes as I don't think they'll be playing much longer.

56 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

The lads did well yesterday against a team we weren't expected to beat, I thought Alex Smith and Lewis Carr both looked good, hopefully we play them two more often, especially Smith, I think we could have our replacement for Finn or Sykes as I don't think they'll be playing much longer.

You won't get invited to Sykes's 40th with comments like that Kelsey.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

From many a mile away I listened to HWD Hospital commentary (interspersed with a fair bit of England football stuff, which held no interest for me - I could have chosen other broadcasters to hear that, had I needed it) and could “see” how well Toulouse were playing. TO’s ability to sweep the ball across the field and have someone there to catch a pass, or players backing up a teammate was there for all to see (I have seen the highlights); I just wish we backed up too instead of giving encouragement by watching the lone runner - that’s our job, to give encouragement.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

From many a mile away I listened to HWD Hospital commentary (interspersed with a fair bit of England football stuff, which held no interest for me - I could have chosen other broadcasters to hear that, had I needed it) and could “see” how well Toulouse were playing. TO’s ability to sweep the ball across the field and have someone there to catch a pass, or players backing up a teammate was there for all to see (I have seen the highlights); I just wish we backed up too instead of giving encouragement by watching the lone runner - that’s our job, to give encouragement.

look you’ve set me off now. Backing up and offloading aren’t our thing.  Haven’t been for a long time. 

6 hours ago, NickD said:

look you’ve set me off now. Backing up and offloading aren’t our thing.  Haven’t been for a long time. 

I'd have thought Paul Mennell (I don't know if the spelling is right) would have worked with a few of the lads on that been an ex half and all.

3 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I'd have thought Paul Mennell (I don't know if the spelling is right) would have worked with a few of the lads on that been an ex half and all.

So would I 😀

Archived