Often Forgotten Amazing Wingers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berwyn Jones

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

9 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I recall a winger in the 1960s, played for Blackpool I think, whose speciality was leaping over players who tried to tackle him. An American, possibly. 

Chuck Wiseman?

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Chuck Wiseman?

Thanks for the prompt but don't think it was him. Played several games. Saw him at Swinton late 1950s early 1960s but there are probably not many fans from those days still around. 😳

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Paul Lord for Oldham, he was a genuine speed merchant. Oldham v Warrington cc semifinal, Mike ford chipped through, lordy outpaced the defence to touch down. John Holdsworth ruled off side. He didn't believe anyone was that fast. Replays show he was on side . 

‘Flash’ was exceptionally quick. I was over the moon when Wakey signed him, but he never seemed to get picked, dunno why?

Andy Wilson & Phil Fox I thought were both underrated in my opinion.

The wingers who succeeded Offiah and Robinson at Wigan were actually very good, but nowhere near so well-remembered. Rob Smyth, for instance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived