George Williams scandal?

The prominent Australian journalist James Hooper is now reporting on Fox Sports website, and on Twitter, that George Williams’ request for a release from Canberra probably had nothing to do with Williams being homesick for England. Instead, according to Hooper, Williams appears to want to play for an NRL club that is close to beaches. Hooper adds that Williams is now holidaying on the Queensland Gold Coast. 

If this is true, it gives a new perspective to Canberra’s decision to terminate Williams contract with them immediately.  If true, it would also show an appalling character defect by Williams. He signed a contract, for which he is being paid big money, and in the course of which Canberra paid a large transfer fee to Wigan. Now, it is being alleged, Williams wants to renege on his contract so that he can live closer to beaches! 

This scenario outlined is an example of the kind of behavior which brings British people into disrepute in Australia.

1 minute ago, Manfred Mann said:

James Hooper is reporting

I think I see a flaw in this allegation...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Manfred Mann changed the title to George Williams scandal?

As a fellow Wiganer, I can confirm that all we crave is to be near a beach. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

And that flaw is what exactly?

The one that saw you belatedly edit a question mark into the thread title, maybe?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It seems to me like it is his partner who is homesick and now she is pregnant is determined to go home. My (probably totally wrong) theory is that Williams wanted to stay  and hoped that a move closer to the beach would show her the lifestyle that they could have in Australia to persuade her to stay.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

The prominent Australian journalist James Hooper is now reporting on Fox Sports website, and on Twitter, that George Williams’ request for a release from Canberra probably had nothing to do with Williams being homesick for England. Instead, according to Hooper, Williams appears to want to play for an NRL club that is close to beaches. Hooper adds that Williams is now holidaying on the Queensland Gold Coast. 

If this is true, it gives a new perspective to Canberra’s decision to terminate Williams contract with them immediately.  If true, it would also show an appalling character defect by Williams. He signed a contract, for which he is being paid big money, and in the course of which Canberra paid a large transfer fee to Wigan. Now, it is being alleged, Williams wants to renege on his contract so that he can live closer to beaches! 

This scenario outlined is an example of the kind of behavior which brings British people into disrepute in Australia.

I’d believe Fred West in an adoption application before I’d believe anything Hooper or Kent write on any topic, let alone this subject in particular given they’re best mates with Sticky 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

I think I have worked out the confusion here.

He has gone on holiday after his contract has been terminated, not had his contract terminated for going on holiday.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

It seems to me like it is his partner who is homesick and now she is pregnant is determined to go home. My (probably totally wrong) theory is that Williams wanted to stay  and hoped that a move closer to the beach would show her the lifestyle that they could have in Australia to persuade her to stay.

Yup, this. It ain’t rocket science. But the Aussie journos judge everyone’s values as if it was themselves doing it - ie a total disreputable, backstabbing ars*****

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

James Hooper has been sticking the knife in with his 360 sidekick since this all blew up . 

He’s still sulking from Bateman calling him a unpleasant chap who I disagree with most fervently,Hooper & Kent are a pair of clowns,the fact old Manny thinks so highly of them tells its own story.

Aussie gets defensive after none Aussie decides the place is fairly $h!t really.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Nice beach up here Georgie . Shut your eyes and wear six coats and it could be Bondi 

I believe not as many flies as Bondi.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

6 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You sure he meant beach and not pies?

If you knew anything about Australia then you would know that Australians make the best pies in the whole world. The variety of different kinds of quality gourmet pies available in Australia’s big cities is not replicated in Wigan or Leigh or St. Helens. The pie chain “Pie Face” even has a store open 24 hours in the centre of Sydney’s Kings Cross — such is the love of and availability of a very good pie in Australia.

Williams is well aware that even the indigestion causing, rubbish pies they sell at Galloway’s in Wigan are not available 24 hours.

If George Williams really is a pie lover then he would not be wanting to leave Australia.

Archived