What’s happening at Featherstone?

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

This was the finance manager who left with Longo to go to Bradford City.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

57 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

No he wasn't Robin Knight was finance manager who went to bradford city with davide

1 minute ago, POR said:

No he wasn't Robin Knight was finance manager who went to bradford city with davide

You might need to expand the post POR. There is a reply from Robin Knight who said:

I'm sure it'll become apparent what's going on at that club sometime in the near future.
I feel like they're still riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, be interesting to see how they fare on their own steam.
Hope they do the right thing and pay you what you are owed

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

You might need to expand the post POR. There is a reply from Robin Knight who said:

I'm sure it'll become apparent what's going on at that club sometime in the near future.
I feel like they're still riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, be interesting to see how they fare on their own steam.
Hope they do the right thing and pay you what you are owed

CT   I thought your post was saying the lad  who's say's he's owed money was finance manager

Just now, POR said:

CT   I thought your post was saying the lad  who's say's he's owed money was finance manager

No, sorry if I have confused matters. It was the reply to Darren I was referring too.

Didn't he leave Skolars to go to Fev? If so, lucky escape for Skolars or just no money at the club?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

I think you all need to read the full story in stead of taking everything at face value. Also why mention this when he's been in situ a few weeks. Especially with  a game that could see us return to Wembley after 38 years. Albeit in a minor cup final. the players won't worry about that, it's an experience some will never repeat. So this twitter post appears to be sh**stirring.

54 minutes ago, wasginger said:

I think you all need to read the full story in stead of taking everything at face value. Also why mention this when he's been in situ a few weeks. Especially with  a game that could see us return to Wembley after 38 years. Albeit in a minor cup final. the players won't worry about that, it's an experience some will never repeat. So this twitter post appears to be sh**stirring.

Someone resigned,apparently disgusted with the bar fiasco after the Batley game

Wakefield council will possibly not renew their alcohol licence because of the above.

A player got a hefty ban for stupid social media posts.

An official left the club allegedly being owed money.

It now appears your new General Manager has been convicted of fraud.

I have'nt seen any comment from the club regarding the above ,although I may have missed it.

Maybe if they explained their position it may prevent any "s44t stirring".

What does this comment mean from Robin Knight:

Has there been an investor / sponsor throwing money at the club? Is this person Mark Campbell? 

15 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

What does this comment mean from Robin Knight:

Has there been an investor / sponsor throwing money at the club? Is this person Mark Campbell? 

Probably talking about Featherstone not been able to earn large amounts of central revenue under new TV Deals by consistently finishing in top spots.  

3 hours ago, BJW said:

Didn't he leave Skolars to go to Fev? If so, lucky escape for Skolars or just no money at the club?

From memory he literally disappeared. Think he was due to speak at a fan event and never turned up and the next thing he’d left. 

31 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Can anyone shed light on what the ownership of Featherstone is? i.e. who funds or owns the club?

As far as i  know its MC who funds/runs the club and at a members meeting a couple of years ago he said his family owned 1/2 of York City Knights ( but that could have changed by now).

24 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Can anyone shed light on what the ownership of Featherstone is? i.e. who funds or owns the club?

There is no ultimate controlling party. 

There are something like 65k shares, The Chairman has about 15k. There is like 75 pages of shareholders, most have between 1 & 100 Shares each, Theres some Companies that hold 1000 & 2000 shares and some individuals also have 1k shares, not that many. 

Funding is central revenue, Tickets, club shop, sponsorships etc.......Featherstone Rovers own over £2,000,000 of freehold property. So we need to ditch any unsavoury characters ASAP.. 

20 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Probably talking about Featherstone not been able to earn large amounts of central revenue under new TV Deals by consistently finishing in top spots.  

Very good point. 

23 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

As far as i  know its MC who funds/runs the club and at a members meeting a couple of years ago he said his family owned 1/2 of York City Knights ( but that could have changed by now).

Companies House records that there is only ONE shareholder at YCK and he is not a Campbell. As far as I can see the Campbell's have never owned shares in YCK so how they apparently own half of the club is a mystery.

25 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

There are something like 65k shares, The Chairman has about 15k. There is like 75 pages of shareholders, most have between 1 & 100 Shares each, Theres some Companies that hold 1000 & 2000 shares and some individuals also have 1k shares, not that many. 

Funding is central revenue, Tickets, club shop, sponsorships etc.......Featherstone Rovers own over £2,000,000 of freehold property. So we need to ditch any unsavoury characters ASAP.. 

Biggest (B) shareholder is Probiz with 30,000 (or ca46% of the total).

On the income front, the Club also get rental from office/land space and (in non Covid times) room hire for functions, meetings etc.

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Companies House records that there is only ONE shareholder at YCK and he is not a Campbell. As far as I can see the Campbell's have never owned shares in YCK so how they apparently own half of the club is a mystery.

Biggest (B) shareholder is Probiz with 30,000 (or ca46% of the total).

On the income front, the Club also get rental from office/land space and (in non Covid times) room hire for functions, meetings etc.

Given they're not traded (as far as I'm aware, happy to be corrected on that) it's interesting to see Probiz as largest shareholder given they don't appear to be a trading company anymore. 

Rightly or wrongly, I'd view a share purchase in Fev (B only, given the structure of shares and control) as simply being a way of making a one off investment without actually gaining any control. I don't think it's any secret that Mark Campbell has put a significant amount into the club, and that he effectively runs it. As a fan, whilst I want the best for the club, I can accept that those who put the most cash in get the biggest say. History suggests those who cross him don't stay long, so watch this space. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

JUST a thought instead of posting on twitter and sitting back to revel in all the tweets he's got that say what a brilliant great lad he is and FEV are the big bad wolf why hasn't he taken FEV to court for

They still owe me money for work done, which I probably will never see.

11 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

The question was who funds Rovers.

Not who owns the shares.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

The question was who funds Rovers.

Not who owns the shares.

From what I can recall, Campbell stuck a huge wad into the club, particularly in his early years as chair.

In his tenure, turnover has massively increased the income streams across all aspects of club business. 

Sponsorship has increased significantly. 

How accurate the following is, is a matter of clarification, but I seem to recall some info that suggested the club was more or less self sufficient with its operating business and levels of Sponsorship. That is open for clarification.

12 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Given they're not traded (as far as I'm aware, happy to be corrected on that) it's interesting to see Probiz as largest shareholder given they don't appear to be a trading company anymore. 

Rightly or wrongly, I'd view a share purchase in Fev (B only, given the structure of shares and control) as simply being a way of making a one off investment without actually gaining any control. I don't think it's any secret that Mark Campbell has put a significant amount into the club, and that he effectively runs it. As a fan, whilst I want the best for the club, I can accept that those who put the most cash in get the biggest say. History suggests those who cross him don't stay long, so watch this space. 

Matters not if they are trading, bottom line is probiz still exists as a legal entity. If / when it ceases to exist its assets would be redistributed, meaning to faisel naboohoo most likely. 

I trust this will get sorted. The last thing we need if for a club like Featherstone to disappear in a cloud of malpractice on anyone part. Might be best to save any animosity for when the facts are clear, if ever. Probiz looks complicated. Trace Nahaboo (sp?) on Companies House and you'll see what I mean. You can get his address in Crowthorne from there and look it up on Maps, too. He does not live in penury, but in affluent Berkshire. 

Archived