What’s happening at Featherstone?

39 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Matters not if they are trading, bottom line is probiz still exists as a legal entity. If / when it ceases to exist its assets would be redistributed, meaning to faisel naboohoo most likely. 

Fair point. As I mentioned however, unless buying the majority of shares with a view to taking control, share purchases in this instance are little more than a way of putting cash into the club. I used the word invested in my last post, however really they're gifts from benefactors, as the investment will have no real value (who would buy them) be highly unlikely to generate a financial return. 

As for who funds the club, as has been mentioned earlier, at present (pre covid at least), the club were telling people they were self sufficient, so through central funding, sponsorship, supporters, income for use of the ground & facilities, etc. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I trust this will get sorted. The last thing we need if for a club like Featherstone to disappear in a cloud of malpractice on anyone part. Might be best to save any animosity for when the facts are clear, if ever. Probiz looks complicated. Trace Nahaboo (sp?) on Companies House and you'll see what I mean. You can get his address in Crowthorne from there and look it up on Maps, too. He does not live in penury, but in affluent Berkshire. 

This site is very useful too - https://companycheck.co.uk/director/908406620/MR-FEISAL-NAHABOO/summary

BTW, nice place if he does live there or is it just an accommodation address? Know a few places round there that have letterboxes for hire. (Written from RG12 postcode!)

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

8 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Who funds most clubs not in Super League?.The supporters .Plus advertising revenue and sponsorship.

That's not funding.

It's the sale of goods and services.

I don't fund Mars by buying a Mars bar.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

More negative news for Featherstone, fighting in the street with Widnes supporters:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-violence-widnes-vikings-20757710

I saw the video - two people giving somebody else a hiding, everybody looked to be all Fev fans 🤷 a local residents car got damaged. Looked as though it was when people were leaving the game

5 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

The video on "Fev Watch" only tells half a tale.

Why wasn't the full video shown? 

What happened this time Chris - Good to see the club being consistent in handling this type of stuff, is that 3 incidents this season already?? Personally feel for the Robins or Suggys of your fan base.

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

What happened this time Chris - Good to see the club being consistent in handling this type of stuff, is that 3 incidents this season already?? Personally feel for the Robins or Suggys of your fan base.

Not a clue what happened, the video won't and doesn't tell the full story. People are quick to jump in without the full facts.

There's a lot of good folk who support the club, Robin and Dave are just two examples. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Feel sad for the real fans,i attended the last match  before the first lockdown at the London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers with my wife and children last March and had a lovely chat throughout the match with some Rovers fans sitting behind us.

Paul

1 hour ago, Gareth hock said:

Widnes lads tried starting a fight with a young lad that was by himself  then got a good hiding when some Fev fans sore what was going off now it’s Fev fans that are in trouble them lads got what they deserved .

If true totally agree, now the club need to say so.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Don't know what the club can say incident happened in  station  lane some 400 yds from ground only people who can comment are those who witnessed it

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I have got no reason to lie I witnessed it .Them lads to me looked like they intentionally came to cause trouble they where waiting outside the bus while the rest of the Widnes fans where still inside the ground applauding there players .

10 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

I have got no reason to lie I witnessed it .Them lads to me looked like they intentionally came to cause trouble they where waiting outside the bus while the rest of the Widnes fans where still inside the ground applauding there players .

Chris seemed to suggest that a clip of the fuller incident exists so use that. It’s not unusual to wait outside a bus especially if smoking etc but I do get your point, where are your stewards? Surely coaches willl be a flash point

11 hours ago, POR said:

Don't know what the club can say incident happened in  station  lane some 400 yds from ground only people who can comment are those who witnessed it

I can only comment that I didn't witness it.

40 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I can only comment that I didn't witness it.

They could have made very non-specific comments like, "I trust the authorities are dealing with this incident which happened away from Featherstone's ground.  We of course will co-operate where we can, and do not condone any sort of violence"

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They could have made very non-specific comments like, "I trust the authorities are dealing with this incident which happened away from Featherstone's ground.  We of course will co-operate where we can, and do not condone any sort of violence"

They have avoided commenting on a few things recently to be fair.

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Chris seemed to suggest that a clip of the fuller incident exists so use that. It’s not unusual to wait outside a bus especially if smoking etc but I do get your point, where are your stewards? Surely coaches willl be a flash point

I haven’t seen I a longer clip but that clip that’s doing the rounds is the back end when there getting a good hiding obviously nobody was filming the start . The stewards are only in the ground I can’t say I have ever seen them outside .

Whether the Widnes fans deserved a kicking or not, that's not how the law works in this country I'm afraid. Fair enough restraining or holding someone back but affray is a public order offence last time I checked and if someone joined in with giving someone a "deserved beating" they'll still be in serious trouble, especially if they're on film, which they are.

Not sure if it's Featherstone Rovers' problem to deal with and I feel sorry for the true fans of the club who are some of the best around, but bits of bother like this do seem to follow the club around for whatever reason. I saw it myself when they played York in the play-offs in 2019 when I had to help a young York fan out who'd been given a smack by some drunk lads outside the ground who just happened to be wearing Fev shirts & flat caps. Not sure if he deserved it or not though.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Various posts removed.

Some iffy stuff now being posted on here making unproven allegations about named individuals.

My advice: if you believe a public order offence has been committed, show whatever evidence you claim to have to the police, let them deal with it.

Locked.

Archived