Kevin Sinfield - to leicester

2 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

all the more reason to do some time out of the box before being given the keys to the box...

'what do they know of Leeds, that only Leeds know....'

This would make more sense if he was moving in an admin role rather than the suggested coaching position he's been linked to.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, M j M said:

This would make more sense if he was moving in an admin role rather than the suggested coaching position he's been linked to.

disagree actually - he's being linked with a coaching role, so he can do some coaching. Which, again, will give him experience of another pro club's methods. Let's be honest, he didn't get that at Leeds RU, and potentially an insight into their off-pitch stuff while he's there. 

So when he comes back to Leeds he's got more experience of the on and off-pitch stuff somewhere else. So, on and off the pitch he'll have more experience of what he's looking at, or at least different perspectives on that.

I'm now reading Agar has been offered The " lucrative " deputy coach job at Cronnula.  Could be all change at Headingley. If all this has any substance they need to be planning now 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, latchford albion said:

Richard Agar must be incredibly impressive at interview.

To be fair, anyone who has worked with him has said how his understanding of the sport is immense. Indeed there was a certain attitude that assistant coach was his ideal role. He probably is very impressive in an interview.

56 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

To be fair, anyone who has worked with him has said how his understanding of the sport is immense. Indeed there was a certain attitude that assistant coach was his ideal role. He probably is very impressive in an interview.

Yes it's pretty much only fans who call him out. And we know what their opinions are worth.

47 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yes it's pretty much only fans who call him out. And we know what their opinions are worth.

I think their opinions are worth millions in gate money and sky money- don't you?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Just shows the biggest club in RL cand compete with the biggest club in RU.... very sad for our game.

Effectively the highest position at the biggest club in RL versus an assistant coach at an RU club...

The club will be hit financially by the pandemic they have the stadium to pay for and were investing heavily on the corporate side which has hardly  been used . 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

30 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

How little progress RL has made in the past 25 years financially.

A somewhat weird view of the world; union has more money than League, that was always going to be the case once union went pro. Drawing up a sort of straw man argument that because union has more money than League then League is somehow a failure is baffling to me.

Moreover it's pretty likely to me that Sinfield isn't leaving for the money, if he's leaving. Possibly for the opportunity for more money down the line if he makes a success of it - but then money has never been a big motivator for him anyway.

Most likely is that after three years in the role he just wants to do something new.

He is a loss as a name I suppose but as a Director of Rugby his performance has been mixed at best.

11 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

It's not a good time to go at this stage of the season with all the OOC players to sort out and potential recruitment for next season too 

It's a terrible time.

However if he had a three year contract and it wasn't renewed (speculating) then it's just what it is.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

It's a terrible time.

However if he had a three year contract and it wasn't renewed (speculating) then it's just what it is.

Yes we will get a clearer picture of what is going on soon . Maybe GH will do the job till end of season. Although a new man will want to implement his own signings.  That's if the club can afford a new DOR in the present climate 

JAMIE PEACOCK

It's the same with Shaun Edwards... assistant coach of the french RU team rather than head coach of Wigan ... Money is money... sad news.

Il he goes to Leicester, he will come back home, as the prodigal son. Same for Shaun.

Archived