Kevin Sinfield - to leicester

I think it's a certainty that Edwards will never ever show his face in rugby league ever again. 

Re Sinfield, though, where have all the rumours come from and what substance is there in them. Being spotted at WHSmiths in Leicester Forest East services does not count. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think it's a certainty that Edwards will never ever show his face in rugby league ever again. 

Re Sinfield, though, where have all the rumours come from and what substance is there in them. Being spotted at WHSmiths in Leicester Forest East services does not count. 

I hope we get to know more today ,the silence coming out of Headingley is deafening.  For this to come out at this stage of the season is stunning 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

25 minutes ago, M j M said:

Here's a statement from Leeds which says nothing but does mention Sinfield's name which is something.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/06/15/update-for-members-from-gary-hetherington/

Sinfield is likely to be inducted into the Leeds hall of fame in July so that will be another awkward occasion if he leaves.

I'm already looking forward to the awkward silences and speeches about how we're all friends in sport and how that chip on our shoulder looks bigger every year as well as all the K&C pundits giving large about why.......

Can't wait, it'll be so refreshing.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Here's a statement from Leeds which says nothing but does mention Sinfield's name which is something.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/06/15/update-for-members-from-gary-hetherington/

Sinfield is likely to be inducted into the Leeds hall of fame in July so that will be another awkward occasion if he leaves.

GH said at the end Kevin and Richard are both committed to work hard to reward the fans to the end of the season.  The full statement  ould be interpreted to " we are finding it difficult " 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes, but he was spotted in there failing to hide the RU mags behind Rugby League World.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

18 hours ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Il he goes to Leicester, he will come back home, as the prodigal son. 

To Oldham then?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Although this looks like it may be bad news for RL in general, I think we should all look on the positive side.

Going to Leicester RU might mean he stops posting drivel and trolling on here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I am still struggling to see why Sinfield would go to Leicester as an assistant coach. He has always said that coaching held no interest for him, but administration did. If he was alleged to be going in an admin role to see how the RU elite manage their finances it would be more understandable. I just wonder if he has been seen talking to Mike Ford about George coming to Leeds to fill  the stand off role in 2022 (hopefully not)  and a third rate journalist has put two and two together to make 5.

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I am still struggling to see why Sinfield would go to Leicester as an assistant coach.

I think ABBA said it best. 

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think ABBA said it best. 

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world

In most cases I would agree with you, but the whole "thing" about the Rhinos golden generation was that they knew they could earn more at other clubs but preferred to stick together. Sir Kev epitomised that spirit and I just find it hard to believe (maybe I don't want to believe) that he would move to an assistant's role at Leicester just for cash. 

Just now, Spotty Herbert said:

In most cases I would agree with you, but the whole "thing" about the Rhinos golden generation was that they knew they could earn more at other clubs but preferred to stick together. Sir Kev epitomised that spirit and I just find it hard to believe (maybe I don't want to believe) that he would move to an assistant's role at Leicester just for cash. 

But in that golden generation he was surrounded by friends and team mates that he would go into battle with and they would stand up for each other.  Those personal connections made all the difference and kept the team together (I would imagine).

That group has now dispersed and he is now a 40 year old looking at his future and his families future. The money will be a bit factor.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

32 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

But in that golden generation he was surrounded by friends and team mates that he would go into battle with and they would stand up for each other.  Those personal connections made all the difference and kept the team together (I would imagine).

That group has now dispersed and he is now a 40 year old looking at his future and his families future. The money will be a bit factor.

JP is still involved, there is all the Rob Burrow related activity, Senior and Delaney are still involved in community activity and his best mate (JJB) is an assistant coach, so a lot of the group are still around. However, your point is valid and it may be enough to outweigh other factors. Even so, unless this is just wishful thinking on my part, I still feel it would be out of character for Kev to put his own financial interests first.

7 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

JP is still involved, there is all the Rob Burrow related activity, Senior and Delaney are still involved in community activity and his best mate (JJB) is an assistant coach, so a lot of the group are still around. However, your point is valid and it may be enough to outweigh other factors. Even so, unless this is just wishful thinking on my part, I still feel it would be out of character for Kev to put his own financial interests first.

I hope you are right. I would love to see him stay in our game.

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

Edwards can select what ever job he wants... so the comment about not showing his face is, to put it politely, pointless.

The real point is how rugby league is going backwards.

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Assistant coach at Leicester and then move up to assistant coach for England. A nice pathway.  Or assistant coach at any of the 5 Nations.  Farrell had no RU or any RL coaching experience but is now Irish coach.  Now what is his salary, what is his kudos in RU and in the sporting world.  Why should not Sinfield not do the same.

How many journalists have reported that he is going? Is it just one rugby union reporter looking for a scoop and getting it wrong, or are there multiple sources reporting it? If the latter I am more prepared to be convinced it might happen. If its just one person making a guess to generate a headline I will just say "Nosey Parker" or "Any Fox League Hack you care to name"

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

How many journalists have reported that he is going? Is it just one rugby union reporter looking for a scoop and getting it wrong, or are there multiple sources reporting it? If the latter I am more prepared to be convinced it might happen. If its just one person making a guess to generate a headline I will just say "Nosey Parker" or "Any Fox League Hack you care to name"

It only needs one person to deny it, and Sinfield is not saying anything.

So go figure.

I get he is a name but some of the performative hair on fire stuff being posted because a Rugby League administrator may be leaving a job he wasn't doing particularly well continues to be comical.

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

And we didn't. Let's keep it that way. It's ugly. 😊

The Yanks kept a few old English words and called it " revolutionary English" please dont set me up for a " Fall" with your superior intellect . Joke 😊

JAMIE PEACOCK

I remember what Brian McDermott said when Kevin Sinfield retired from playing RL and went over to play for the RU club at Headingley Yorkshire Carnegie? Whatever ? He said " he wants to play union before he finishes, he is a fan of that game " A fan of the game ? I can see him as a RU pundit on their big occasions just like Jonathan Davies is on our TV games 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived