Origin 1 Match Thread - Wednesday 9th June 2021 - Poll 'n fun Comp

State of Origin 1 2021 Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Origin 1?

• Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • It'll be a draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/21 at 10:10

Origin 1 2021 is this Wednesday.

Who'll win?

We are hearing it will be a walk over for Blues in Game 1.

They have the majority of form players, including the Dally  leader Nathan Cleary.

They have the veteran coach who has multiple Series victories under his belt.

Maroons have a rookie coach at this level who is struggling to put a side together one way or another.

Yes we've heard similar before and it turned out to be wide of the mark.

Surely this time though Blues will walk it by at least 12 points?

Have your say and look out for the match thread on this forum tomorrow.

Vote in the poll.

1. Predict the winners in your post 
  2. By what margin either exact or say by a) Under 5 points, b) 6-12pts, c) 13+ pts
  3. For fun you could pick who the man of the match will be

• Graham changed the title to Origin 1 Match Thread - Wednesday 9th June 2021 - Poll 'n fun Comp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Graham pinned this topic

Really difficult one to pick this.

I felt that the NSW team were miles better on paper last year and the clear differentiator was the coaches.  Brad Fittler is awful while Wayne Bennett is a Queensland legend.

This year Bennett has gone (I would have tipped Queensland in heartbeat if he was there) but Fittler is still in charge of NSW for some bizarre reason. 

I think NSW edge the spine and have a far superior backline while the Queensland pack is better.

I can't seem to get off the fence on this one but will say Queensland but a very close game (under 5) with David Fifita as player of the match.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Addo-Carr and Blues rookie Brian To’o will change wings come kick-off, with the “Foxx” set to line up on the right wing with Tom Trbojevic as his centre.

To’o will partner with Latrell Mitchell on the Blues’ left edge, up against Xavier Coates.

8 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

I haven’t watch channel 9 for a while. How long have they had Cameron Smith on board?

Probably since the start of the year. I also don't watch Channel 9. Apart from the actual playing time of the NRL games, I don't watch TV anymore which is a bit of a disappointment for the Nielsen crowd, having me on their books.

Disaster...I’ve  just tried my usual WatchNRL app and it says I need a subscription to watch. I’ve had one up to now. I was told via email it would automatically renew. I’m guessing on reflection they had old card details that have changed. I’ve not had any email saying there was a problem. Doh!

6 minutes ago, Graham said:

Disaster...I’ve  just tried my usual WatchNRL app and it says I need a subscription to watch. I’ve had one up to now. I was told via email it would automatically renew. I’m guessing on reflection they had old card details that have changed. I’ve not had any email saying there was a problem. Doh!

, what will you do?

Archived