Fax away

spanishknight

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woeful. Dour, dire and terrible to watch. Oh for some fast free flowing rugby. This side has so much potential and ability but the style of play is just stifling the life out of them players. Terrible 40 minutes. 

Percentage no thrills rugby. Fingers crossed for a miracle in the second 40. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Misses wants us to go shopping...I hate shopping but it’s better bet than watching this. Paper thin defence and the halves are giving us absolutely nothing. Terrible kicking game again. 

2 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

What has gone wrong this season? Goodness me, for the talent you’ve got you should be doing a lot better. 

The style of rugby is awful to watch and must be frustrating for a player too. Fordy has done miracles for us over the years but just wish he’d change the style of play. 

Defence is shocking. Backline just isn’t working and have lost pace, even when Dixon makes a break the opposition catch him. Halves anonymous, every kick going straight to their safe as houses fullback. We had about 2 minutes of excitement. 

Just to top it off Brinning gone off injured too. 

And you just know next week we’ll setup to play safe percentage rugby again.

The one position where I thought we needed an older ‘been there done that but lost a yard of pace’ ex Super League player was in the halves.

The only highlight today is Marsh. 

That was very depressing to watch. Agree with AB that we need a good experienced half-back to lead the team around. Its getting frustrating looking at our ' good team on paper' performing like that. Think today that on current form we cemented our place as an average mid-table side.

Another week and another tonking from a decent Championship team.  Be grateful that there are some poor clubs in the Championship otherwise we'd be welcoming West Wales, Coventry and Co. next season.  Something has gone very, very wrong at York.  Maybe it's time to think the unthinkable and get some fresh coaching ideas and approaches?  The writing was on the wall last season until covid postponed it.  I'm afraid all good things come to an end eventually.  I really hope I'm made to eat my words at Wembley, but us turning over Featherstone at the moment is as likely as Johnson saying tomorrow "burn your masks it's party time". 

Stood on that terrace and witnessed another shocker , congratulated the fax Fan's at the end , they couldn't believe it , at least there's only one way to go now, York and always will be , up the knights .😀😀😀

A lot of players have come with big reputations and are falling well short,need at least 2 forwards who can actually break a tackle and a a half back who can get us around the park,all the hard work the club has made in the last 4years is going out of the window and needs to be fixed very quickly or we are going to be struggling to get 1000 supporters through the gate on match days

the only thing that saved that performance from being total dross was the efforts of marsh. 

ohagan has been a disaster IMO, we are rudderless when hes on the park. our players are mostly too old and too slow huffin n puffin after 10 mins. apart from the 1895 cup thing this season is dead n buried.

I think the problem is we have no experience in our half’s, Dean is young and inexperienced and goes missing too much for me and O Hagen is clearly not fit just dropping the ball off when does he actually take the line on?

Next week will be interesting Dean suspended and o Hagan probably out injured what’s our half back pairing going to be? But with the way we have been playing we could play Green and Baldinson in the half’s and they would provide the same threat.

We need a experienced half to guide us around the field like a Brough or Gilmore at Batley who do we have in our side to take control of the game?

I know it was out of our hands with Morgan smith getting injured and hindsight is great but we have invested heavily into our squad but expecting 2 inexperienced players to guide us around is a big ask. I wouldn’t mind so much but when the going is tough which it has been they have been sadly missing just wishing Mikey Lewis was still here he looked committed and was looking to get involved all the time.

I hope I’m made to eat my words but they need to step up sooner rather than later we can still make the playoffs this season will have a lot of twist and turns we need to see the same commitment that us fans give week in week out.

Been chewing this over for the last few weeks and and have to say after another dismall  performance is Clarkson  captain material in my mind now is no think Fordy might have to bite the bullet and if Spears keeps injury free give him back the captaincy 

Let's hope the injury to Kris Brining isn't serious. If he is outnext week, that is another playmaker missing. I know he isn't everybody's favourite, bit I'd bring Washbrook back, he isn't fancy, but does the basics well, something we are struggling to do at the minute.

I'd bring Nikau back as well, might not be the best positionally but at least he adds one or two moments of entertainment when he plays and so far we haven't seen much of that. 

Stick him at half back and let him just do what he wants. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, yck2017 said:

Been chewing this over for the last few weeks and and have to say after another dismall  performance is Clarkson  captain material in my mind now is no think Fordy might have to bite the bullet and if Spears keeps injury free give him back the captaincy 

I reckon quite a few fans will have been wondering about this leadership conundrum for weeks but it can be unpalatable to face it. Some players need to relinquish that responsibility to concentrate on their own game. Of course we could be wrong and its simply a case of players not following the game plan. Whatever it is, we are certainly not playing as a team at the moment.

55 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I'd bring Nikau back as well, might not be the best positionally but at least he adds one or two moments of entertainment when he plays and so far we haven't seen much of that. 

Stick him at half back and let him just do what he wants. 

Know where you're coming from Simon but he doesn't have enough guile for me. I'd still bring him back and try him in the second row, get him running at defences down the middle like Stocky and create some havoc. Anything to liven things up please, pretty please.

1 minute ago, Peter G. said:

Know where you're coming from Simon but he doesn't have enough guile for me. I'd still bring him back and try him in the second row, get him running at defences down the middle like Stocky and create some havoc. Anything to liven things up please, pretty please.

I was joking really, it'd just be nice to see a bit of entertainment. Maybe play Norris at scrum half, haven't seen anything of him this year.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

First thing I’d be doing this morning if I was Fordy is recalling Nikau. I think the 2 young lads who played against Wigan deserve a shot. Really would like to see Perry Whiteley back. Also Washbrook in the games he’s played this season looks a lot better than previously. 

But then we could get George Williams in on loan, it wouldn’t mean a thing if we continue to play safe percentage rugby. 

Rumours that we are in a tussle with the Bulls over a loan half back.

Worst performance I've seen since game against Fev at Blackpool.

Watched Spearsie being interviewed after game - he was hurting after being a part of that. Spoke to Jubby, he was gutted too.

Pretty certain it was Kriss's hamstring again..

Archived