Cup final tickets

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rugby league

The sport’s blue-riband event, the Challenge Cup final, takes place at Wembley on July 17. The Rugby Football League is expected to push for parity at least with the Euro 2020 final at the same venue just six days earlier. It has already delayed putting tickets back on sale for the game until it is clear what the allocation will be. It could also push for crowd-pilot status for Super League matches to go above the current 25 per cent cap on attendance. The Super League Grand final is not until October 9, with the World Cup in England kicking off two weeks later on October 23.

(Telegraph)

Various posts removed.

I grow weary of saying this, but if you want to climb on your high horse and make political statements, or complain about the rights and wrongs of lockdown rules, do it in the politics sub forum, not in the RL forum, because those matters are decided by the government, not the RFL.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Various posts removed.

I grow weary of saying this, but if you want to climb on your high horse and make political statements, or complain about the rights and wrongs of lockdown rules, do it in the politics sub forum, not in the RL forum, because those matters are decided by the government, not the RFL.

Thank you.

Also a lot of us come to a rugby league forum to escape the general news

I for one don't want my RL fantasy world polluted with politics  😊

36 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Various posts removed.

Thank you.

I appreciate what you are saying and your moderating, but when Rugby League is potentially facing attendance restrictions that other sports are not, there is a very fine line between commenting on the Rugby League and the politics. Hopefully a decision is made so the Challenge Cup Final is played under the same rules as Wimbledon, Snooker, Grand Prix and the Euro’s. 

13 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

If the green light is given for 45k I’m going, I’m taking the little one and I’m having a knees up.

Half the reason for wanting to go is to see the littles ones face as she try’s to work out what all the northern accents are saying in their foreign tounge.

It's almost as though it's a completely different language 😂

7 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

If the green light is given for 45k I’m going, I’m taking the little one and I’m having a knees up.

Half the reason for wanting to go is to see the littles ones face as she try’s to work out what all the northern accents are saying in their foreign tounge.

If she works it out, could she let those of us in the south know?  Thanks!

9 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

Yes they are funny sounding people aren't they 😁.... My little one is 7 and can now tell the differnce between a Yorkshire and Lancashire accent even though she is from Beds... Wonder why 

Be interesting to see the logistics here - presumably everyone is going to have to show a steward proof of double vaccination or lateral flow test before being allowed to scan their ticket. 

I thought the R.F.L  had not been doing enough to state their case.But being quiet does not mean they were not working behind the scenes to get the best outcome for our game .i was wrong to doubt their ability.They have achieved the best outcome possible before restrictions are lifted.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Be interesting to see the logistics here - presumably everyone is going to have to show a steward proof of double vaccination or lateral flow test before being allowed to scan their ticket. 

Government assuming EVERYONE has an iphone with the NHS app showing both jabs , the card showing both jab dates should be sufficient.

According to FEV

Tickets will go on sale exclusively to Season Ticket Holders (inc life members), Squad Builder Members and Centenary Pass holders on Tuesday 22 June at 9.00am.  These will only be available through the RFL/ Wembley portal which can be accessed here (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rugbyleague/Common/CustomPage/Index/4), but not until 9am on Tuesday.  This exclusive period will end on Thursday 25 June at 5.00pm.  Tickets will not be available to purchase through the club at all.

All tickets will be priced at £55 for adults, £40 for concessions & £25 for under 16yrs, any customers requiring wheelchair tickets should email ticketing@rfl.co.uk.

An initial allocation of 2,500 tickets have been allocated to Featherstone, this is the same for York with each of the Challenge Cup Finalists receiving 10,000 tickets. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It could do, Cas have been given 10,000 tickets, I can’t see them selling those as they couldn’t even get 4000 home fans for their match against Leeds 

Nor could they sell out their 700 allocation for the semi. But still it’s not fair that the Mickey Mouse cup is taking tickets away from them 🙃

Archived