Cup final tickets

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

Yeah just had a quick look and it mentions the rollovers, should get something in a few days...

• If you purchased tickets for the 2020 Challenge Cup Final and requested to be moved to the 2021 event, your tickets are still valid and you will receive a booking confirmation in the coming days – please note that whilst we have tried to keep bookings in the same location, this has not been possible in all cases

I won't be happy if we are at the back of the queue and get allocated carp seats (we always book seats with specific planning in mind) despite booking every year and letting them keep my money for over 12 months.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moove said:

Yeah just had a quick look and it mentions the rollovers, should get something in a few days...

• If you purchased tickets for the 2020 Challenge Cup Final and requested to be moved to the 2021 event, your tickets are still valid and you will receive a booking confirmation in the coming days – please note that whilst we have tried to keep bookings in the same location, this has not been possible in all cases

I can't find that on the RFL website, where have you got that from.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, Moove said:

That is the 21st June press release and not part of todays, there is no mention in that release of rollovers being treated differently only that your tickets are valid and that will be confirmed in a few days, I have not had the confirmation

17 minutes ago, Padge said:

I won't be happy if we are at the back of the queue and get allocated carp seats (we always book seats with specific planning in mind) despite booking every year and letting them keep my money for over 12 months.

Carp seats,sounds a bit fishy that,I wouldn’t be koi about complaining.

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is the 21st June press release and not part of todays, there is no mention in that release of rollovers being treated differently only that your tickets are valid and that will be confirmed in a few days, I have not had the confirmation

Fair enough. Like I say it's in the confirmation email they've sent me this afternoon with the consent stuff so it's all I have to go off. Was just trying to be helpful 🙂

Just now, Moove said:

Fair enough. Like I say it's in the confirmation email they've sent me this afternoon with the consent stuff so it's all I have to go off. Was just trying to be helpful 🙂

You have been helpful, you have given me other avenues to look at.

Thanks for your posts. 👍

2 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

I'm in the same boat as Padge. 2020 tickets in Club Wembley rolled over to 2021, no email from the RFL this afternoon

Ours are club Wembley as well, have you emailed them, if you do use the link on the website for email and don't use your regular  account as it will get bounced back, well mine did.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Ours are club Wembley as well, have you emailed them, if you do use the link on the website for email and don't use your regular  account as it will get bounced back, well mine did.

Cheers - just emailed them now, using the link. Like yourself we had specific seats picked for a reason (in block 204)

A mate went to the England game in the Euros and it was £7 per pint in Club Wembley

12 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

I'm in the same boat as Padge. 2020 tickets in Club Wembley rolled over to 2021, no email from the RFL this afternoon

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

I'm in the same boat as you two, no email as yet either, the original rollover email said:

Whilst every effort will be made to locate your seats in the same area for the 2021 Cup Final, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Should your seats need to be relocated, they will be transferred to a location that matches the price band that you paid for the 2020 Cup Final

When I booked them there were only an handful of seats sold in that block, so I'd hope we would get seats there. I wouldn't mind the seats moving a block or so, but given they were selling Club Wembley seats I'd expect them to still be in there

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

13 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I'm in the same boat as you two, no email as yet either, the original rollover email said:

Whilst every effort will be made to locate your seats in the same area for the 2021 Cup Final, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Should your seats need to be relocated, they will be transferred to a location that matches the price band that you paid for the 2020 Cup Final

When I booked them there were only an handful of seats sold in that block, so I'd hope we would get seats there. I wouldn't mind the seats moving a block or so, but given they were selling Club Wembley seats I'd expect them to still be in there

I also booked quite early, when only about 10% of seats in that block were reserved, so I'd hope we are in the same block

I've now had a reply from the email I sent last night. 

Because of rhe volume of emails they have to send out regarding ticketing, not all will have been sent yesterday. 

In addition, it seems those who opt out of RFL marketing emails could be at the back of the queue for yesterday's info

My prediction... they are not going to sell all the allocation and there will be about 35,000

Only ticket option is £54

That is too much when normaly there would be one for around £20

I was supposed to buying for a party of 6 of us this week on the assumption there would be a normal £20 or do option left 

Plenty more people will do the same

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I predict 35,000 will be there, we'll short of allocation. Price is too high

If it is 35,000 then its still a good turnout with what's going on with covid, by the way if you wanted £20 tickets should of booked early when they offered them the other week. I understand from somebody who was at Wembley the other night it wasn't a sell out!!!

33 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

My prediction... they are not going to sell all the allocation and there will be about 35,000

Only ticket option is £54

That is too much when normaly there would be one for around £20

I was supposed to buying for a party of 6 of us this week on the assumption there would be a normal £20 or do option left 

Plenty more people will do the same

35,000 will be fine, not a disaster 

RFL announced last weekend the middle and lower tiers were sold out. At 50% capacity thats 25400 before the upper tier is added.

7 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

35,000 will be fine, not a disaster 

RFL announced last weekend the middle and lower tiers were sold out. At 50% capacity thats 25400 before the upper tier is added.

The England football game was 41k and looked great.

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

The England football game was 41k and looked great.

It may have helped that the majority of the lower tier were stood up throughout the game so blocked the view of the empty seats somewhat. 

I noticed that the cup final tickets are still being advertised on the radio. 

We shouldn't forget how the pandemic will still be impacting things like this. A trip down to London on public transport, visiting pubs, using the tube, staying Hotels, being in a bustling stadium etc. Will not be appealing to an awful lot of people at the moment. 

19 hours ago, shaun mc said:

My Wife has spoken to someone 3 times saying an email for our tickets will arrive but still NO tickets and she's confirmed her email address each time. It says on the Fev official website that all tickets ( by email print at home) should arrive by July 9th, we shall see.

46 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I noticed that the cup final tickets are still being advertised on the radio. 

We shouldn't forget how the pandemic will still be impacting things like this. A trip down to London on public transport, visiting pubs, using the tube, staying Hotels, being in a bustling stadium etc. Will not be appealing to an awful lot of people at the moment. 

This is true I'm sure for many.  Four of us have attended every Challenge Cup Final for many many years but didn't ever consider going this year.  This was even before the finalist put the final nail in the coffin.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Its mot how it looks its the fact it hasn't sold out

Not selling out 90,000 Wembley is understandable 

Not selling out 40,000 is awful and due to pricing 

England football never sold out either, these are unprecedented times.

You seem to be moaning because you cant get cheap tickets, which you'd have got if you'd bought earlier. This is about maximising revenue and I'm quite happy that the RFL do that. You are moaning about £54 tickets but they only have to sell near 1 in 3 of them to get the same revenue as they would by selling every one of them at £20.

I'm quite happy with the concept of those buying early getting the best deals and the most choice.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

England football never sold out either, these are unprecedented times.

You seem to be moaning because you cant get cheap tickets, which you'd have got if you'd bought earlier. This is about maximising revenue and I'm quite happy that the RFL do that. You are moaning about £54 tickets but they only have to sell near 1 in 3 of them to get the same revenue as they would by selling every one of them at £20.

I'm quite happy with the concept of those buying early getting the best deals and the most choice.

One legacy of some of the last minute cheap deals of recent years is people somehow expecting to pay £20 for a cup final and not buying when they're not available. Frankly £54 is a reasonable price for such a big event after early deal offers have passed by.

Archived