Cup final tickets

When I looked last week (before Club Wembley was announced as sold out) £54 got you a seat in Club Wembley. No-one can complain at that.......

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Its mot how it looks its the fact it hasn't sold out

Not selling out 90,000 Wembley is understandable 

Not selling out 40,000 is awful and due to pricing 

I think your just a bit bitter that you left it to late to get a £20 ticket!! was plenty of E-Mails & posts on social media before semis saying last chance for buying reduced price tickets.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

England football never sold out either, these are unprecedented times.

You seem to be moaning because you cant get cheap tickets, which you'd have got if you'd bought earlier. This is about maximising revenue and I'm quite happy that the RFL do that. You are moaning about £54 tickets but they only have to sell near 1 in 3 of them to get the same revenue as they would by selling every one of them at £20.

I'm quite happy with the concept of those buying early getting the best deals and the most choice.

No problem with early buyers getting cheaper tickets. However they shouldn't be literally 4 times more expensive a few weeks out.  Or twice the price they normally are

The RFL may well make a bit more short term but they will also be stuck with people knowing they couldn't sell 40,000 for their showcase game.  Also 35,000 won't look as good as 40,000

I want to go and COULD pay but I'm not going to pay twice what I normally do

England Wembley football games did not sell out?? I am sure I saw several references to tickets going for a lot of money. I might be wrong but want to prove it with a link? 

1 hour ago, Devon Ram said:

I think your just a bit bitter that you left it to late to get a £20 ticket!! was plenty of E-Mails & posts on social media before semis saying last chance for buying reduced price tickets.

There are always tickets for about £25 a few weeks out. The RFL see an oppurtunity to more than double the price so they did. All good I guess but they ain't getting mine or 5 other people I was bringing's money (3 of whom are close to being converts after a few years of CC finals and Broncos games) 

I love watching the game live but same as with Broncos this year they are overestimating the demand for their product 

In normal times I might well pay £54 if I knew Wembley was going to be  a 90,000 bouncing sell out or Ealing a 3000 bouncing cauldron of Broncos fans

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

My Wife has spoken to someone 3 times saying an email for our tickets will arrive but still NO tickets and she's confirmed her email address each time. It says on the Fev official website that all tickets ( by email print at home) should arrive by July 9th, we shall see.

Maybe stop pestering them and wait till 9th?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

There are always tickets for about £25 a few weeks out. The RFL see an oppurtunity to more than double the price so they did. All good I guess but they ain't getting mine or 5 other people I was bringing's money (3 of whom are close to being converts after a few years of CC finals and Broncos games) 

I love watching the game live but same as with Broncos this year they are overestimating the demand for their product 

In normal times I might well pay £54 if I knew Wembley was going to be  a 90,000 bouncing sell out or Ealing a 3000 bouncing cauldron of Broncos fans

And there lies the problem in RL people won’t pay more than £25 for a final. 

9 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Maybe stop pestering them and wait till 9th?

Pestering them after paying £55 each for a ticket when many others got theirs straight away and this as been over a week. It was only yesterday we knew about the July 9th deadline . I'd hardly call it pestering them when they tell you to phone back if it hasn't come through. 

26 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And there lies the problem in RL people won’t pay more than £25 for a final. 

And waiting till the last minute for cheap deals. Thankfully the RFL seem to have finally put a stop to that and are now rewarding those loyal buyers that buy early, rather than screwing them over with cheaper tickets down the line.

This is one year the attendance really doesn't matter.

If its 30k or 40k no one will really care.

No one will say it looks empty as every stadium has different capacity for different events.

We should just be hoping fir a great final.

On 01/07/2021 at 21:03, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I'm in the same boat as you two, no email as yet either, the original rollover email said:

Whilst every effort will be made to locate your seats in the same area for the 2021 Cup Final, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Should your seats need to be relocated, they will be transferred to a location that matches the price band that you paid for the 2020 Cup Final

When I booked them there were only an handful of seats sold in that block, so I'd hope we would get seats there. I wouldn't mind the seats moving a block or so, but given they were selling Club Wembley seats I'd expect them to still be in there

I got the email today after I sent one to them yesterday evening, in an earlier response they said some may be early next week.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

This is one year the attendance really doesn't matter.

If its 30k or 40k no one will really care.

No one will say it looks empty as every stadium has different capacity for different events.

We should just be hoping fir a great final.

Finals.

I do have a touch of sympathy over the pricing. £55 is more expensive than most areas of the stadium in normal years. 

The top tier tickets are £20-£40, I'm not sure it makes sense to suddenly charge £55 this year. In fact I have no idea why they have put flat pricing in place. 

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

I noticed that the cup final tickets are still being advertised on the radio. 

We shouldn't forget how the pandemic will still be impacting things like this. A trip down to London on public transport, visiting pubs, using the tube, staying Hotels, being in a bustling stadium etc. Will not be appealing to an awful lot of people at the moment. 

Nah.

The Scotland fans travelled in huge numbers to Wembley for the euros game.

If the event was attractive, 40k sales should be EASY given how much people have been deprived of live games.

People will look anywhere for excuses, but failing to sell it out would be abysmal.  (Personally I am sure they will manage to sell it out eventually).

23 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Nah.

The Scotland fans travelled in huge numbers to Wembley for the euros game.

If the event was attractive, 40k sales should be EASY given how much people have been deprived of live games.

People will look anywhere for excuses, but failing to sell it out would be abysmal.  (Personally I am sure they will manage to sell it out eventually).

I wouldn't even consider it right now, and I've been to plenty finals over the years. 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

No problem with early buyers getting cheaper tickets. However they shouldn't be literally 4 times more expensive a few weeks out.  Or twice the price they normally are

The RFL may well make a bit more short term but they will also be stuck with people knowing they couldn't sell 40,000 for their showcase game.  Also 35,000 won't look as good as 40,000

I want to go and COULD pay but I'm not going to pay twice what I normally do

England Wembley football games did not sell out?? I am sure I saw several references to tickets going for a lot of money. I might be wrong but want to prove it with a link? 

I would bet 35 or 40k would look very similar in a 90k stadium with people spaced out

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

I do have a touch of sympathy over the pricing. £55 is more expensive than most areas of the stadium in normal years. 

The top tier tickets are £20-£40, I'm not sure it makes sense to suddenly charge £55 this year. In fact I have no idea why they have put flat pricing in place. 

I’d probably guess it’s down to the fact Wembley is a very expensive stadium to hire, if we only have 40,000 and a load of those people have only paid £20 the Final would probably make a loss, are the Cas and Saints clubs willing to fork out and cover any losses? I very much doubt it. If we have less people in the stadium the fans that are there need to cover the costs of the fans that are missing. 

I believe we’ve sold the lower tier and middle tier first, I expect the majority of the top tier will be closed and not in use, this will also help to keep costs down slightly with less staff needed on matchday. 

10 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

That's a good question, and one that causes problems for many folks in these tech-only days. Mrs V is able to fwd emails to her work and print them off there. 

A nice physical document that needs to be handled etc. Makes loads of sense. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

36 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Don't forget for £54 you get two matches.Who would miss the Championship classic an in form Fev against out of form York ?.

Yet you've got SOME SL fans deriding it but they are in their cosy league so don't think things can change.

Archived