Cup final tickets

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Devon Ram said:

Who says !!! no day sales due to the restrictions and measures in relation to the Events Research Programme taking place.

Having to explain my sarcasm is never a good sign. Was always a sign of sluggish sales or lazy forum members asking if you could just rock up if they could be bothered 

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Having to explain my sarcasm is never a good sign. Was always a sign of sluggish sales or lazy forum members asking if you could just rock up if they could be bothered 

You never know with some on this forum site if its sarcasm or not.

Tickets have arrived.

Paid for club Wembley, been shunted down to lower tier, no mention of adjustment of payments. Not impressed.

I would expect at the very least be given the option to accept the price under the circumstances or an offer of some sort of adjustment considering I now have to sit with the riff-raff 😄

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Tickets have arrived.

Paid for club Wembley, been shunted down to lower tier, no mention of adjustment of payments. Not impressed.

I would expect at the very least be given the option to accept the price under the circumstances or an offer of some sort of adjustment considering I now have to sit with the riff-raff 😄

That’s a bit rubbish

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 minutes ago, Padge said:

Tickets have arrived.

Considering you rolled over from last year that’s a bit poor. I wonder how they decided who got what

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Considering you rolled over from last year that’s a bit poor. I wonder how they decided who got what

It turns out club Wembley is open, but they have still shunted us out.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Poor form that mate, you should cause a stink.

I have shot the first salvo with an email to the RFL Ticketing department, I suspect it may fall into a hole until after the game. They will get a follow up call on Monday afternoon.

51 minutes ago, Padge said:

Tickets have arrived.

That's just rubbish

I have been fearing that might happen, or even worse punted up into the upper tier. I've heard nothing yet so emailed them first thing this morning and got a reply saying the role out would continue today and if I hadn't heard anything by the middle of next week to get in touch.

If I'm chasing the the middle of next week, when I travel on Thursday, I'll be seriously unimpressed, I'll be even more unimpressed if we get treated the same way as you have been

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Padge said:

It turns out club Wembley is open, but they have still shunted us out.

There was a feature on the BBC the other day about poor service being blamed on Covid. This firmly falls in that camp. There is no excuse for this. 

I purchased Club Wembley tickets shortly after tickets went on general sale, so there were some available up to that point. Very poor that they were on sale for at least 1 week to new purchasers when existing ticketholders are being shunted.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Tickets have arrived.

Riff-Raff and friends look forward to your company......

Rocky Horror Picture Show songs in emoji | EW.com

Got an email from RFL this morning saying less than 5,000 tickets left, so over 40,000 sold at those prices, which revenue wise probably is pretty close to what they got in recent years.

I know this year's pricing is a shock to the system, but this outcome really does give the RFL a chance to draw a line in the sand and credibly commit to early bird discounts and full price for late buyers. I hope they stick with it. 

17 hours ago, Padge said:

Tickets have arrived.

Sorry to hear that, not good. I'm on Club Wembley roll over from last year. Tickets not arrived yet. I'll be complaining as well if its the same as you, Lower tier worst option for my group. Did lower tier the first couple of years in new Wembley and then went to front couple of rows of the upper tier which was much better

20 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Got an email from RFL this morning saying less than 5,000 tickets left, so over 40,000 sold at those prices, which revenue wise probably is pretty close to what they got recent years. .

I know this year's pricing is a shock to the system, but this outcome really does give the RFL a chance to draw a line in the sand and credibly commit to early bird discounts and full price for late buyers. I hope they stick with it. 

I got the same email, but there won't have been 40,000 sold at £55, there will have been several thousand tickets rolled over from 2020

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I got the same email, but there won't have been 40,000 sold at £55, there will have been several thousand tickets rolled over from 2020

Fair point, but they've still just about hit their target which is a good sign. 

I'm not saying I love high prices, I just want them to behave like any other sporting body. There's still plenty of opportunity to offer massive discounts at the start of the season, and I'm sure we can come up with a way to reward the finalists' season ticket holders without compromising the rest of the sales. But last minute discounts have just got to end. This will help, if they take the opportunity. 

24 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Got an email from RFL this morning saying less than 5,000 tickets left, so over 40,000 sold at those prices, which revenue wise probably is pretty close to what they got in recent years.

I'm not sure that's the right conclusion. 

Firstly, other than the Wire v Cats game the early bird scheme works exactly as you described. 

Secondly, The numbers suggest that they have managed to sell 23k across the four finalists with a week to go, with 15 to 20% of those tickets not yet sold. Hopefully they will sell, and covid is clearly a factor, but its probably fair to call those sales slow rather than good. 

And finally, the lower and middle tiers standard pricing starts at £50 anyway, so we generally sell more than this at those prices as it is. 

2 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Fair point, but they've still just about hit their target which is a good sign. 

I'm not saying I love high prices, I just want them to behave like any other sporting body. There's still plenty of opportunity to offer massive discounts at the start of the season, and I'm sure we can come up with a way to reward the finalists' season ticket holders without compromising the rest of the sales. But last minute discounts have just got to end. This will help, if they take the opportunity. 

We don't do last minute discounts as standard (for the CCup). 

I've been to a handful of finals in the last decade and have always paid full price. 

We have always just used the early bird scheme as you describe, and the Catalans final used a completely different model (panic and get whatever we can and whoever we can in the ground!). 

There’s normally an early bird sale the Monday after the final for a limited time, I’m not sure if that’s open to everyone or just those that attended Saturday’s final, as my group normally attend regardless of who is in the final so get this email every year. 

There’s very rarely discounts at the last minute, it was purely for the Catalans v Wire final mind. 

Archived