Cup final tickets

1 hour ago, wasginger said:

Do you know Josef my feet are burning off. That's with jumping in both feet. Thanks for putting a silly old b****r in his place. lol

No problem wasginger, rereading what i put down i really need to(o) sort out my speeling & grummer as it’s shocking. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time for years I couldn't go as I had to travel to Berkshire for a family matter Saturday but I have to say it cheered me up travelling across London and seeing loads of people in RL tops including at Paddington. It is the only time of the year that I do but its great!

15 hours ago, Damien said:

I don't think its true that it's a free venue. You are still hiring a stadium for at least an additional 2 hours with all the associated staffing costs on top of that. I'm certain the RFL won't be paying the same for 1 match v 2.

I wouldnt be so sure, in previous years they have held junior finals before the cup final, the RFL wouldnt do this for an extra cost, maybe Wembley want the fans spending money inside the stadium instead of the bars and cafes outside the stadium?

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I wouldnt be so sure, in previous years they have held junior finals before the cup final, the RFL wouldnt do this for an extra cost, maybe Wembley want the fans spending money inside the stadium instead of the bars and cafes outside the stadium?

I never said I was so sure, I said I don't think that's right. I still don't.

What junior matches do you refer to? The only matches I recall prior to the 1895 cup is the schoolboy match which is short in length and part of the normal build up when the stadium would be open anyway. That certainly doesn't require additional time and a game of schoolboys doesn't cause wear and tear on the pitch.

Having not read through this topic completely, therevare two other points from Saturday.

Having been been in the contradictory position of a non-socially distanced scrum to give proof of COVID vacination at 11.30am. There were no programme sales going on outside the ground. So I nipped in to see Featherstone v York before the CC Final. When inside I was told all programme sales were outside the ground with no programmes on sale in the stadium. Fortunately I like others got a programme after the CC Final.

Wembley needs to get it's act together.

In addition on the way back, while I am totally in support of opening the country up I was disturbed at the number of fans on crowded tube tains that were not wearing a face mask. Already the Met Police are calling the soccer tournament The Wembley Variant for number of officers self-isolating .

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I noticed the lack of programmes too. Also some of the craft beer stalls were missing,I assume they thought it not worth the bother with a reduced attendance. Incidentally,the 40k quoted felt about right to me.

Regarding the tube trains,which were very hot and sweaty,I found the contrary to The Red Rooster in that mask wearing was pretty well observed. Just shows how an individual snapshot in time can colour ones opinion on a matter.

All told,a pretty good experience this year. Didn't see any trouble at all,the coppers all seemed relaxed and cheerful enough.

Thought the mask wearing wad fairly high on the Tube, maybe 80%

We spoke to some stewards at half time, they it was more or less full staff, with 50% capacity

One or two concessions weren't open, but it was a fully working Wembley as far as I could see 

Archived