EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

START WITH GREALISH.

I Doubt that Grealish is fully fit , he's training with his thigh heavily strapped , he sat out a training session last week and the last friendly he played  he was subbed and had an ice pack on his thigh . I think the best for him is to have him on the bench , only bring him on if we have to , then hope he's in better shape for the knock out round .

25 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

HT Austria 1 Ukraine 0 

Ukraine 45 minutes to save their Euro adventure. Good watch so far.

Potentially helps the third place team in the England/Scotland group if there's a win for either side in this game rather than a draw.

2 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

I Doubt that Grealish is fully fit , he's training with his thigh heavily strapped , he sat out a training session last week and the last friendly he played  he was subbed and had an ice pack on his thigh . I think the best for him is to have him on the bench , only bring him on if we have to , then hope he's in better shape for the knock out round .

Half-fit Grealish, better than fully fit quasi-midfield he is playing to subjigate the major managers.

Denmark looking better that Russia, but not that threatening. Nothing has looked like a goal from them so far 37'

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, Bob8 said:

Denmark looking better that Russia, but not that threatening. Nothing has looked like a goal from them so far 37'

Goal 38'

😄

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 20/06/2021 at 18:35, Bob8 said:

They should do. Maybe. I am hoping so. Finland was no measure and they were decent against Belgium.

Assuming Belgium beath Finland and Denmark beat Russia (two requirements), then there would be three teams on three points.

😄

That is looking good so far, with Russia and Denmark both on three points, the Russians are out and the Danes are second (both Won 1, Lost 2)

9 hours ago, JonM said:

And that puts England through with a game to spare. Scotland qualify if (and only if) they beat Croatia.

Sorry to bang on but here's a big problem with the 24 team Euros. One OK win and a poor draw and England are through with a game to spare. The exact same happened in 2016.

14 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Sorry to bang on but here's a big problem with the 24 team Euros. One OK win and a poor draw and England are through with a game to spare. The exact same happened in 2016.

24 teams with 16 qualifying does make Russia's failure (again) all the funnier.

And, right now, the world needs all the joy it can find.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of joy in an inspiring and passionate performance tonight from England! 

Either that or we'll both bore ourselves to a 0-0 draw where nothing happens. 

I just can't decide which is more likely... 

20 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of joy in an inspiring and passionate performance tonight from England! 

Either that or we'll both bore ourselves to a 0-0 draw where nothing happens. 

I just can't decide which is more likely... 

I’m not planning on watching unless Tiny Ginger has a pressing interest in it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Finland gained all the luck that Russia missed out on.

England MUST NOT WIN tonight. A draw will be perfect to avoid the big guns in last 16. I might watch the Scotland game, haven't decided yet, that has really something riding on it. 

ITV for England, ITV4 for Scotland game, STV for Scottish presentation and commentary of their game, but ITV2 also have England game, why?

I disagree I think England must win tonight . Firstly winning is what it’s all about , maybe build a bit of momentum to . I wouldn’t want to stutter into the knockouts with 1 average win . You’ve got to go to win and even win well . Secondly we get to stay at Wembley for another game with a bigger crowd which is a big thing . Neither Germany or Portugal are teams they’ve been in the past . Thirdly we will play France in the QF anyway if we come second , we want to avoid them if we can .

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

. Thirdly we will play France in the QF anyway if we come second , we want to avoid them if we can .

Assuming France win the group and that's no gimme. I expect Germany to beat Hungary,  but France/Portugal could go either way, France may end up third. I'm thinking a draw though putting France second and heading England's way if we win the group. 

12 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Assuming France win the group and that's no gimme. I expect Germany to beat Hungary,  but France/Portugal could go either way, France may end up third. I'm thinking a draw though putting France second and heading England's way if we win the group. 

Lots of ifs and buts and maybes there . Best just clear your mind of all that and go and win eh . Staying at Wembley , with home comforts and our fans ,  avoiding the disruption of packing off to Rome with everything involved in that now , must be number one IMO

If we come first, we play one of Germany, France, Portugal or Hungary in London. Win that and it's probably Spain in Rome.

If we come second, we play probably one of Slovakia, Sweden or Poland, in Copenhagen. Win that, and it's off to St. Petersburg to play probably France or Germany.

Semi-finals and final are all at Wembley, of course. 

1 minute ago, JonM said:

If we come first, we play one of Germany, France, Portugal or Hungary in London. Win that and it's probably Spain in Rome.

If we come second, we play probably one of Slovakia, Sweden or Poland, in Copenhagen. Win that, and it's off to St. Petersburg to play probably France or Germany.

Semi-finals and final are all at Wembley, of course. 

Copenhagen yes not Rome . I misread my well thumbed daily mirror pull out Euros guide 

Archived