EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

Spain v Croatia - er, blimey!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Some entertainment 

About four different scripts ripped up and discarded, one after the other.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why are defenders defending with their arms behind their back , it looks really weird . Im sure now you can have your arm in a natural position and doing this lessens the potential area to block the ball

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Why are defenders defending with their arms behind their back , it looks really weird . Im sure now you can have your arm in a natural position and doing this lessens the potential area to block the ball

Natural position is open to interpretation. Hands behind their backs shows they are trying not to block it with their hands/arms. 

Yes, it does look weird 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

France v Switzerland becomes the second match of the evening to go into extra time at 3 all.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

33 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

France v Switzerland becomes the second match of the evening to go into extra time at 3 all.

Not only that, in both the bigger team went 1-0 down before going 3-1 up only to concede two late goals. 

Bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Incredible night of football. 

The stress has turned France coach Didier Deschamps into Old Man Steptoe.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 27/06/2021 at 20:15, DavidM said:

Portuguese manager looks like one of those blokes whos drunkenly wandering home from the pub and shouting to himself 

Southgate 18.45 tonight

Edit, Gareth Southgate, not Southgate, South London.

10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Southgate 18.45 tonight

Edit, Gareth Southgate, not Southgate, South London.

Or even Southgate North London.

Southgate is a suburban area of north London, England in the London Borough of Enfield. It is located around 8 miles (13 km) north of Charing Cross. The name is derived from being the south gate to Enfield Chase.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Did anyone else just see the guy in a Leigh shirt in the crowd at Wembley? 

Probably Harry Stottle....😜😃

15 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Did anyone else just see the guy in a Leigh shirt in the crowd at Wembley? 

Might have been Joe , attends most England footy matches , brings excellent cheeseboards and wine on the coaches to away games 😁

Archived