EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a moment's doubt.

Er, obviously. :kolobok_unsure:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well, well, well. I thought England played well and had control for vast parts of it. Germany may not be the force they one were but its still a huge win,  especially psychologically

That's the main thing. It wasn't exciting but going gung-ho in a game that means so much (to England, not Germany) would have been such a stupid thing to do. We'd have got wind up, tired and be heading home tonight.

The big monkey on our back now is actually winning something. Three games to go on that. And I bet that'll be Southgate's focus once he's let them have their discrete releases tonight. 

I think the good thing for us is that the next match isn't at Wembley.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

7 of us couldnt sit in a pub together on sunday after following every rule we had to but cos its football this is fine - utter ballerx

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Why was Gary Lineker in the post-match banging on about us not having beaten Germany in a tournament since 1966? Shearer actually scored the goal when we won 1-0 in Charleroi, you'd think he might mention it.

37 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

7 of us couldnt sit in a pub together on sunday after following every rule we had to but cos its football this is fine - utter ballerx

party pooper
/ˈpɑːtɪ puːpə/

noun
INFORMAL
  1. a person who throws gloom over social enjoyment.

party-pooper-260nw-1078915139.jpg

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Why was Gary Lineker in the post-match banging on about us not having beaten Germany in a tournament since 1966? Shearer actually scored the goal when we won 1-0 in Charleroi, you'd think he might mention it.

Don't mention Euro 2000 , I still get flash backs about Phil Neville's last minute tackle against Romania .

2 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Don't mention Euro 2000 , I still get flash backs about Phil Neville's last minute tackle against Romania .

Well, yes, best forgotten I think. And I suppose it was a group game, rather than a knockout game.

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

Indeed . Not a memorable tournament but a brief highlight there 

4 minutes ago, HawkMan said:
party pooper
/ˈpɑːtɪ puːpə/

noun
INFORMAL
  1. a person who throws gloom over social enjoyment.

party-pooper-260nw-1078915139.jpg

the most contradicting post on trl ever?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I know Shaw played  a part in the goal but in general we need a lot more offensively from the fullbacks . They’ve been very cautious so far when they’re meant to be a big outlet for Southgate . I thought Trippier today was very poor , one thing is there’s plenty of choice there !

Archived