EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukraine 0:3 En-ger-lund.

No fluke; they've played well enough to deserve that scoreline. Organisation, concentration, awareness and not just running around like headless chickens, completely unhinged by "pride'an'pashurn".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And a 4th goal for England!

Multiple substitutions now, to rest significant players, so the team may be a little less cohesive from now on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Consecutive major semi finals.

Possibly the most impressive thing was Harry Maguire in the interview saying that counts for nothing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm as high as a kite.

Despite my morbid obesity, hypertension and ridiculous back pain, I played rugby today for the first time in 30 years. The burn, exhilaration and buzz I got from that was enormous. Swimming in the morning.

Fev slapped London big time scoring tries from everywhere on the park in some of the best rugby seen in years.

England trounce Ukraine and look great. 

Now, if nigella knocks on my door saying "give it to me big boy", it will be the perfect day!!

No chance of sleep. Proper hyper.

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm as high as a kite.

Despite my morbid obesity, hypertension and ridiculous back pain, I played rugby today for the first time in 30 years. The burn, exhilaration and buzz I got from that was enormous. Swimming in the morning.

Fev slapped London big time scoring tries from everywhere on the park in some of the best rugby seen in years.

England trounce Ukraine and look great. 

Now, if nigella knocks on my door saying "give it to me big boy", it will be the perfect day!!

No chance of sleep. Proper hyper.

Where did you play? (Not with Nigella!)

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Where did you play? (Not with Nigella!)

My old union club at wath. It was walking rugby.... but jeez it was fast and great fun..

An opportunity for silly old bug gers like me to pretend we're all 26 years old again

I'm absolutely buzzin mate

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Multiple substitutions now, to rest significant players, so the team may be a little less cohesive from now on.

Not tonight, there wasn't. That's one thing about this squad, players are replaced, the team stays the same. 

Difficult to pick MOTM because this team is a unit, working well for each other. 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

England's victory last night will severely test the finances of our Scottish friends who now will have to buy yet another shirt to show their dedication and support in this tournament.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I was reading in the paper that Italian tv has become engrossed by Harry Maguire being called ‘ slab head ‘ , so when he headers it out the commentator says ‘ another clearance by slab head ‘

Fair play to England, they gave it to Ukraine, who, let's be honest looked totally wrecked after their tough game previously, but they can only beat what's in front of them.

Saying that, there really is no excuse now for England to win it, it's set up for them, they've had the easiest time of it, playing all but one of their games at home, they've had a relatively easy draw, a good win against an inconsistent German side apart.

Denmark will be their biggest test, they are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, but again, they've had to travel, Copenhagen to Amsterdam to Baku, now to London, England will also have the benefit of the majority of 60,000 behind them too!

28 minutes ago, meast said:

Fair play to England, they gave it to Ukraine, who, let's be honest looked totally wrecked after their tough game previously, but they can only beat what's in front of them.

Saying that, there really is no excuse now for England to win it, it's set up for them, they've had the easiest time of it, playing all but one of their games at home, they've had a relatively easy draw, a good win against an inconsistent German side apart.

Denmark will be their biggest test, they are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment, but again, they've had to travel, Copenhagen to Amsterdam to Baku, now to London, England will also have the benefit of the majority of 60,000 behind them too!

Italy have played significantly better than England throughout the tournament. Right now, it's entirely theirs to lose.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, meast said:

Italy won't have the benefit of 60,000 fans in their home ground for the most important games though.

That's both a blessing and a curse.

a massive plus for this eng side is  unlike for eg - man u trying to match the fergie era or leeds trying to do what revie did  and getting weighed down - for this team - gerrard - shearer- lampard- gazza - roony etc etc etc apart from been very good players actually won sweet fa for the england cause so there is no pressure to emulate them.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

No counting of unhatched chickens here, but very happy with England's progress so far.

There's a 2005 Ashes feel to this campaign, even if we don't win the trophy - just a sense that the team is capable, focused and all pulling together.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Italy are the favourites IMO. Haven’t lost in 30+ games under Mancini. England are a close second and are looking solid as a rock. 

But the Danes come first; massive game. Wembley will be bouncing. 

This is undoubtedly our best chance to make a final since 66. Doesn't mean we will by any stretch. In some ways losing at home to Denmark in the Nations League will mean that they won't be overlooked by the team or the public.

Were we to make the final, we'd be second favourites to Italy for sure but in football you never know, especially at home.

Archived