Heywood Hornets?

glemiln

I read that you fine Rochdale folk could be facing a major sea change as a result of proposed boundary changes:

“Aside from the proposals for South and East Middleton, the boundary for the new Heywood constituency would remain unchanged from the current Heywood & Middleton boundary,

The changes would see Rhodes and Alkrington becoming part of the new Manchester Blackley constituency along with the area around Grimshaw Lane and Kenyon Lane, including Middleton Technology School.

It means that there would be nine council ward areas in the Rochdale constituency and nine in the new Heywood constituency compared with ten in each of the current constituencies.

The Rochdale constituency boundary would remain the same, save for Spotland & Falinge ward moving over to the new Heywood constituency.

This would see the Crown Oil Arena, home of Rochdale AFC and Rochdale Hornets along with Oulder Hill and Falinge Park secondary schools being moved to the new Heywood constituency.”

HORNETS  will always be the cry ……but, for example, future merchandise details?

Heywood was mainly a thoroughfare in my days!

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

I read that you fine Rochdale folk could be facing a major sea change as a result of proposed boundary changes:

“Aside from the proposals for South and East Middleton, the boundary for the new Heywood constituency would remain unchanged from the current Heywood & Middleton boundary,

The changes would see Rhodes and Alkrington becoming part of the new Manchester Blackley constituency along with the area around Grimshaw Lane and Kenyon Lane, including Middleton Technology School.

It means that there would be nine council ward areas in the Rochdale constituency and nine in the new Heywood constituency compared with ten in each of the current constituencies.

The Rochdale constituency boundary would remain the same, save for Spotland & Falinge ward moving over to the new Heywood constituency.

This would see the Crown Oil Arena, home of Rochdale AFC and Rochdale Hornets along with Oulder Hill and Falinge Park secondary schools being moved to the new Heywood constituency.”

HORNETS  will always be the cry ……but, for example, future merchandise details?

Heywood was mainly a thoroughfare in my days!

ROCHDALE LANCASHIRE always will be. 

Archived