Inu, 4 week ban

Inu banned by Salford after making a thoughtfully crafted but prejudicial social media comment about the 'so called victim'. 4 weeks/games by Salford.  Amazingly the RFL determine that they do not need to get involved at all...!!!

Remind me, how many games did Clubb get for a heat of the moment comment?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Salford have acted very well here.  

As well as the fine and ban there is an apology from the player and a mandatory education program for him to attend.

I said in the last thread that Salford should do something but that they wouldn't.  I was wrong and happy to admit it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Inu banned by Salford after making a thoughtfully crafted but prejudicial social media comment about the 'so called victim'. 4 weeks/games by Salford.  Amazingly the RFL determine that they do not need to get involved at all...!!!

Remind me, how many games did Clubb get for a heat of the moment comment?

Have you actually read the clubs statement? You are Martin Bashir and I claim the £5.00

23 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think Salford have acted very well here.  

As well as the fine and ban there is an apology from the player and a mandatory education program for him to attend.

I said in the last thread that Salford should do something but that they wouldn't.  I was wrong and happy to admit it.

The bit in bold I find rather sinister. Who defines what constitutes mandatory education?

I dont know what Inu said btw, so offering no comment on that. I imagine he'll be a big loss to them though, hasn't he been one of their better performers hitherto?

8 minutes ago, WSRD said:

Have you actually read the clubs statement? You are Martin Bashir and I claim the £5.00

I've conflated the 4 weeks pay with the 2 months ban. Shame on me.

But my, what should I say, my surprise is that the RFL decide not to get involved.   Salford are in their rights to say anything after a RFL investigation and sanction.  I find it surprising that RFL step aside to let the club make the decision.

And quite deliberate comments by Inu in a quite dergogatory nature are far more worthy of sanction relative to a heated remark which itself was after a heated comment.

2 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

The bit in bold I find rather sinister. Who defines what constitutes mandatory education?

I dont know what Inu said btw, so offering no comment on that. I imagine he'll be a big loss to them though, hasn't he been one of their better performers hitherto?

The Chinese are giving re-education to their Uighurs.   

And who decides if he has passed the test.  

None of this suggests that Inu is a woman beater. But he gave support to one that did.  What i find amazing is that the Leigh and RFL ignored some one who did hit a woman. 

Several issues.  All standing themselves on their head

40 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

It's mandatory as part of his punishment.

In the same way that, for example, going on a speed awareness course is mandatory when you're caught doing 34 in a 30 zone. It's not forced cultural education, it's simply a required part of the whole process.

[EDIT: tidying up]

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's mandatory as part of his punishment.

In the same way that, for example, going on a speed awareness course is mandatory when you're caught doing 34 in a 30 zone. It's forced cultural education, it's simply a required part of the whole process.

Sinister

14 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Sinister

Aye, just realised there's a rather important 'not' missing from my sentence there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

42 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Who defines what constitutes mandatory education

In my experience this type of education is lieu of a more severe punishment - a longer ban or a bigger fine - or maybe a gross misconduct and a termination of his contract.

They are only mandatory regarding punishment/outcome of the case, it's not like forced labor.  He could refuse to do it and then there will be a different outcome on the case.  Up to him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

47 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

In my experience this type of education is lieu of a more severe punishment - a longer ban or a bigger fine - or maybe a gross misconduct and a termination of his contract.

They are only mandatory regarding punishment/outcome of the case, it's not like forced labor.  He could refuse to do it and then there will be a different outcome on the case.  Up to him.

Exactly, thinking going on a course saying "domestic violence is terrible" is sinister? Wait until they find out prison exists and what it does! Sinisterness-ometers will be going through the roof!

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly, thinking going on a course saying "domestic violence is terrible" is sinister? Wait until they find out prison exists and what it does! Sinisterness-ometers will be going through the roof!

Is that the title of the course Tommy? How do you know?

Did I say that domestic violence is acceptable behaviour? 

Did Inu, commit a criminal offence? Has he had a fair trial?

What I said was sinister, is the idea of forcing someone into an re-education programme. 

Compulsory ''re-education'' is chillingly reminiscent of communist China and/or Soviet Russia.

It's never been ''the norm'' in this country Tommy.

Remember 1984?

You do-gooders are so eager to toe the line, to be seen as politically correct, you'll sanction any abuse, any imposition, sacrifice any individual, who's opinions differ from your own (the self appointed (slavish) ''moral'' majority).

Well, compulsory ''re-education'' is the thin end of a very very ugly wedge Tommy.

You should be careful what you wish for. 

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Is that the title of the course Tommy? How do you know?

Did I say that domestic violence is acceptable behaviour? 

Did Inu, commit a criminal offence? Has he had a fair trial?

What I said was sinister, is the idea of forcing someone into an re-education programme. 

Compulsory ''re-education'' is chillingly reminiscent of communist China and/or Soviet Russia.

It's never been ''the norm'' in this country Tommy.

Remember 1984?

You do-gooders are so eager to toe the line, to be seen as politically correct, you'll sanction any abuse, any imposition, sacrifice any individual, who's opinions differ from your own (the self appointed (slavish) moral majority).

Well, compulsory ''re-education'' is the thin end of a very very ugly wedge Tommy.

You should be careful what you wish for. 

The word is education. It's odd to see education as a bad thing. 

I have to partake in all sorts of training and education at work. Some of it involves telling me about black people, gays and sexual inappropriateness. 

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Good job it's not "re-education" then, that's a relief. 

I’m not aware of what Inu said/wrote but I too am getting a little bit concerned about this ‘forced education’ stuff.

Similar language is used in the taking the knee debate. A lot of the booing is down to football fans rejecting being force fed political gestures. It’s all getting a bit Orwellian. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

The word is education. It's odd to see education as a bad thing. 

I have to partake in all sorts of training and education at work. Some of it involves telling me about black people, gays and sexual inappropriateness. 

All very noble of you. As someone else has mentioned above, I'm sure the Uighurs (spelling?) are enjoying their education at the hands of the Chinese govt 

I know this is going to be controversial but I am going to have to come down on the side that says education is a good thing. 

The comparison with a speed awareness course was interesting , I've been on 2 , they are only made available to people who've exceeded a limit by a relatively small amount ( up to 7/8 mph over the limit ) , exceed it by 15 mph and it isn't offered , so essentially it is to help remind you of ways to identify the speed limit wherever you are even if there are no actual signs , therefore preventing somebody from making a ' mistake '

I'm sure Mr Inu doesn't need educating that it is wrong to assault anybody , either physically or sexually , I'm sure he knows that is wrong , will an ' education ' course change his opinion on assault ? , Doubtful , will it change his opinion on Mr Haynes conviction ? , Probably not , about as much chance of that as posters on here changing their views 

But Salford have taken the lead , that is the right thing to do 

10 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Statistics show that 100% of people who bring up Orwell and 1984 have never read it.

Wait until you find out he was a s*****ist...

Are you really that confident in this statistic? What did you say he was, a s*****ist? What's that?

Archived